IGNORED

2004 R1150RS headlight plug loosening

1150RSSSS

Hello all-

Recently discovered that the plug that provides power to the headlight loosened and wriggled out. Not hard to push it back in (hands just small enough to get in there without any plastic removal), but a little annoying as it occurred previously about 7k miles ago. Curious if this is a typical occurrence for others or just my own issue. It feels pushed in as far as it can go, and seems consistent with the depth of the female connection contacts, but wondering if I am missing something. I did not (yet) attempt any plier work to make the connection a little tighter as it is infrequent and not too hard to remedy. Advice / experiences welcome. 

12 hours ago, 1150RSSSS said:

Hello all-

Recently discovered that the plug that provides power to the headlight loosened and wriggled out. Not hard to push it back in (hands just small enough to get in there without any plastic removal), but a little annoying as it occurred previously about 7k miles ago. Curious if this is a typical occurrence for others or just my own issue. It feels pushed in as far as it can go, and seems consistent with the depth of the female connection contacts, but wondering if I am missing something. I did not (yet) attempt any plier work to make the connection a little tighter as it is infrequent and not too hard to remedy. Advice / experiences welcome. 

Morning  1150RSSSS

You might want to pull that connector back off the bulb then carefully look at terminals. I have seen a number of the 1100/1150 headlight connector terminal that were burnt brown. Once they burn brown (from heat) the terminals lose their grip on the headlight bulb then the resistance goes up & they overheat & burn even more. 

My guess is that you will find the terminals have burnt enough to lose their grip on the bulb.

The repair is to splice on a new connector pigtail with fresh terminals.