IGNORED

BMW R1100RT 1995 ABS relay

dmsantam

Hi all, I purchased a R1100RT 1995 model recently, and the ABS relay is missing - and im guessing (although haven't yet checked) that the globe for the other ABS light on the console has also been removed because no ABS lights show up at all when turning on the ignition. Does anybody know if there is an alternative non-BMW relay that will work? According to my local dealer, BMW don't make that relay anymore. I am based in Australia. Part number  61 36 2 306 352

cheers,

B0009343.png?v=09082020

7 hours ago, dmsantam said:

Hi all, I purchased a R1100RT 1995 model recently, and the ABS relay is missing - and im guessing (although haven't yet checked) that the globe for the other ABS light on the console has also been removed because no ABS lights show up at all when turning on the ignition. Does anybody know if there is an alternative non-BMW relay that will work? According to my local dealer, BMW don't make that relay anymore. I am based in Australia. Part number  61 36 2 306 352

cheers,

Morning  dmsantam

I don't know if they will ship to Australia but Euromotoelectrics should still have them.    

https://www.euromotoelectrics.com/product-p/rel-352.htm

That relay usually shows up on E-Bay but shipping from US might be an issue. If you have an Australian E-Bay then possibly try there. 

That relay isn't needed for the ABS to operate (only used for the dash light) so if you have no ABS make sure the ABS pressure modulator is still on the motorcycle with the ABS wire harness connected, 12v B+ wire hooked up, & the brake lines still plumbed in. The main ABS power relay is under a cover on the side of the ABS pressure modulator. That main relay is for the displacement piston motor (required for ABS to operate).

• Thanks 1

Keep in mind it was disconnected for a reason, probably because it quit working and the PO didn't like the flashing lights. ABS repairs can get expensive quickly. Might be better to just be happy with the perfectly adequate brakes a 28-year-old bike. 

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1