IGNORED

Part number needed for 2007 K1200R Sport

juancasa2

Hello everyone. I am stumped. I cannot locate the part or part number for this fairing component, a black grille piece seen in the attached paint photo with yellow arrow pointing at missing part on my 2007 BMW K1200R Sport.

bmw fairing 2007 k1200R Sport.png

Looks like it might be available as a separate part (new), #2 below:

image.thumb.png.dc29925a8a44b0a7b30ea2ef6ac625f4.png

Only $20 new.

image.png.d8a707c5705e3169bd7237b24cb44ee2.png

https://store.bobsmotorcycles.com/microfiche/BrowseParts.aspx?GroupName=Frame%2c+Body%2c+Fairing%2c+Luggage+(46)&MBike=51584&GroupID=46

You might try the bike breakers and used parts on flebay.  Not too many K1200R Sport's out there.

Make sure the left side trim piece doesn't fall off while you're looking for the right side, or is it a right side only intake?? (My K13 is dual side intake but then it is sooo much faster than the K12's.)

Thanks buddy. that was a truly fast response, much like your K13. The K12 has a dual intake. Freshly purchased bike and the right intake was missing for some reason. I will buy a set of left and right. Thanks again.

No problema.

No need to buy one you already have.  What about the air filters, is there one on each side??

These air inlet scoops use the velocity of the oncoming air to increase the engine's power (stuff more air into the cyls), like the air scoops on WW2 aircraft engines .  Their exhaust also provided significant HP, too.

You know about the clutch on these bikes, I hope.  The clutch is the weak point on this bike.  I just replaced mine at 16K miles (total miles) and I was forewarned and VERY gentle with it.  BMW went thru 9 iterations (improvements) before the last year of production in the K13. The K12 and K13 engines are very similar and share many parts.  It seems the clutch did not get enough oil flow and  there were problems. 

It does NOT like drag-strip starts.  Be very gentle and only slip it enough to get started from a stop.  At traffic lights, put it in Neutral and release the clutch while waiting.  This will deliver more oil to the clutch.

I believe your year had the single groove clutch pushrod.  If you ever have to go in (it is a very simple job), or remove the slave cyl, look at the pushrod.  If it only has one groove, replace it with a 2 groove for twice the oil flow.  Also, the oil pump is behind the clutch and it was upgraded (one more tooth) for more oil flow.  A plug and play install.

This is the pushrod.  There is a second groove just like this one about 1/3 the way around.  No, it is not symmetrical. The oil for the clutch comes thru the trans shaft and must transit this rod inside the shaft thru these grooves.  There it gets slung onto the hub where it is collected by the grooves that carry it to the holes and onto the plates.

image.png.0b0e21d2a124c35d386693c6978c405b.png

All my pics here:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/C6NxN2cyXjMBVCt59

Good Luck!!