IGNORED

Throttle valve switch 03 R1150rt

plepper

I'm wanting to use my ultrasonic cleaner to clean my throttle bodies on my 03 R1150rt but have a question about the throtle valve switch/ potentiometer, The service manual says it has to be set with theBMW MoDiTeC tool is there any way of doing this without the tool? Should I just use carb cleaner spray without disassembly and hope for the best? I did a search here and Google with no results. The bike has just shy of 42K miles on it.

6 minutes ago, plepper said:

I'm wanting to use my ultrasonic cleaner to clean my throttle bodies on my 03 R1150rt but have a question about the throtle valve switch/ potentiometer, The service manual says it has to be set with theBMW MoDiTeC tool is there any way of doing this without the tool? Should I just use carb cleaner spray without disassembly and hope for the best? I did a search here and Google with no results. The bike has just shy of 42K miles on it.

Afternoon plepper

You can readjust it at home with just an ACCURATE voltmeter & some homemade pin probes. A little fiddley but if you can use a voltmeter & make resistance free connections to the TPS  then it isn't a big deal. 

You have to be very careful in using carburetor cleaner with the TPS on the throttle body as that carb cleaner can seep in through the throttle shaft area then migrate past the TPS seal.