IGNORED

GPS Meet with UK BMW Sport Touring crew

Steve1962

Having recently purchased GPS unit , I " invited " Andy round to assist with installing the software on the pc .......... a few phone calls later , and George , Kathy , and John Bentall all agreed to come along , with a view to going for a ride once the pc stuff had been done .

We ,sorry , Andy , had no joy with the install after two attempts [ he can give you the technical details ]. John spent some time showing me the set up on his bike

andexplaing the rudimentaries , whilst George and Kathy sat patiently waiting for us to finish so we could go out for a ride ....here are some photos .............

George , Kathy and John waiting in the sunshine whilst Andy fights a losing battle with the GPS .........

GPS003Large.jpg

The bikes at my house ..............

GPS002Large.jpg

GPS001Large.jpg

We eventually set off , with me leading the way across country to Stow on the Wold , where George took over as we headed for Offenham ...................

a nice little village , which just happened to be in the midst of some celebrations ............

GPS013Large.jpg

GPS011Large.jpg

GPS012Large.jpg

We dismounted , and John led us a merry dance in the vain search for a watering hole , and something to eat .we walked all the way up the street [ in our biking gear .bloody hell it was hot ] ..and then all the way back to the bikes ....here are some snaps I took as we headed back ...........

GPS005Large.jpg

The bikes waiting ..........

GPS007Large.jpg

GPS009Large.jpg

GPS010Large.jpg

Some of the houses are pretty ...........

GPS014Large.jpg

GPS016Large.jpg

Tractor ............

GPS015Large.jpg

Off we went to find the pub ............. which was by the river .......

GPS017Large.jpg

GPS018Large.jpg

With time pressing on , we headed homeward , with Andy leading us back to Stow via a lovely little B road ..............

Here we parted , with Andy , George and Kathy going on to the Fosse Way , and me and John back to mine , where John had a nice cold drink before setting off for his place .

A nice ride out , and maybe one day I'll get the GPS up and running .

Thanks for the company , and the assistance with the gizmo .

Steve

Hi Steve, John and Andy, well another good ride out today, taking advantage of this fantastic weather, if slightly on the warm side.

Here are the bikes at Steve's

s7vi.jpg

Well after waiting for the new Garmin, not to load itself, we were all off to do some good roads, and soon we were in need of fuel, for ourselves that is. We stopped in a lovely village, to find they were having a street party, very nice.

See the May pole in the distance

offenham7oy.jpg

Steve, Andy and John.

s3mc.jpg

A great ride out today guys thanks a lot, John we will have to head down your way sometime.

George and Kathy

I'm gonna repost my photos here , as for some reason [...I blame the amount of sun I got [ almost heat stroke ] whilst trekking up and down Offenham High Street grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif ] ...I used Photobucket instead of Imageshack .......so here we go again , and apologies for any duplicates ..........

gps001large5lc.jpg

gps002large0zh.jpg

gps003large16pi.jpg

gps005large12iy.jpg

gps006large16px.jpg

gps007large14pl.jpg

gps008large16ri.jpg

gps009large15ai.jpg

gps010large17gq.jpg

gps011large15fs.jpg

gps012large10bu.jpg

gps013large14ys.jpg

gps014large11po.jpg

gps015large19og.jpg

gps016large18vi.jpg

gps017large11eh.jpg

gps018large12ca.jpg

ps ....as a footnote I'd just like to thank you guys all once again , and just to point out that it was the first time both me and Andy had met John [ nice chap , but don't worry , we'll soon whip him into shape grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif].....John , I hope you got home safely and enjoyed your day out .

Steve

Archived