IGNORED

2003 K1200gt transmission

Tacky

Hi Guys

Do you know anywhere in the states where I could possibly aquire a transmision housing.

I hit a large piece of stone on a country road and it ripped off the centre stand which is secured by four bolts to the bottom of the transmission housing all four alloy fixings have snapped off now my pride and joy sits in my garage.Any help would be much appreciated as BMW parts are hard to come by here in the UK.

Dave (Tacky)

Sorry i can't help with the housing quest, but i do have a question. What kind of speed were you doing when you hit the stone? (Long story that i'll have to post one day makes me ask, nothing to do with the old bill.)

Cheers,

Ben

I hit a large piece of stone on a country road and it ripped off the centre stand which is secured by four bolts to the bottom of the transmission housing all four alloy fixings have snapped off now my pride and joy sits in my garage.

Must've been one helluva stone...

Yes it was one hell of a stone and I didn't realise how large it was untill I went back for my stand It was around 18 inches long x14" wide and 9" inch deep,it was from a dry stone wall. I saw the stone peeping out of the grass there was no kerb I was banked over to the right aswell but couldn't bank any further as there was oncoming traffic on this narrow road and I could possibly have ended up in the path of a car.

I count my blessings as I had quite a lucky escape.

Regards

Tacky.

Archived