IGNORED

'23 GSA Cruise control issue

BruinsFan

OH NO! How did I ever live without cruise control! Holy smokes! The world is coming to an end and my right hand will need replacing by this time tomorrow if I cant fix this dang cruise control! 

Anyone have any suggestions before I go trade it in? Ha! 

The odd thing is my TFT doesn't allow me to enter the settings menu unless I'm sitting at a stop.

The back story is I went for a 6 hour ride yesterday and had a marvelous day. I used the bmw app for the "twisty" directions. Went to work this morning to brag about my day off of course and on my trip home from work, attempted to use the cruise... without success. PANIC ATTACK! I begin scrolling through all the pages and noticed my navigation was still connected. When I returned home only an hour ago, I logged out of the bmw app to turn off my navigation menu and noticed my settings menu was up and running so I took off down the road only to watch the settings menu disappear before my very eyes and the cruise control still doesn't work. Pulled into a parking lot, came to a complete stop, the systems menu began working. Road home (without systems menu) and it began working only after I came to a stop once again. 

Here i am all by myself with all these thoughts running through my mind. Oh what a dangerous place it is. You're thoughts and opinions are greatly welcome and appreciated. As always, hope you all get laid in the good way this weekend. 

GO BRUINS! 

14 hours ago, BruinsFan said:

OH NO! How did I ever live without cruise control! Holy smokes! The world is coming to an end and my right hand will need replacing by this time tomorrow if I cant fix this dang cruise control! 

Anyone have any suggestions before I go trade it in? Ha! 

The odd thing is my TFT doesn't allow me to enter the settings menu unless I'm sitting at a stop.

The back story is I went for a 6 hour ride yesterday and had a marvelous day. I used the bmw app for the "twisty" directions. Went to work this morning to brag about my day off of course and on my trip home from work, attempted to use the cruise... without success. PANIC ATTACK! I begin scrolling through all the pages and noticed my navigation was still connected. When I returned home only an hour ago, I logged out of the bmw app to turn off my navigation menu and noticed my settings menu was up and running so I took off down the road only to watch the settings menu disappear before my very eyes and the cruise control still doesn't work. Pulled into a parking lot, came to a complete stop, the systems menu began working. Road home (without systems menu) and it began working only after I came to a stop once again. 

Here i am all by myself with all these thoughts running through my mind. Oh what a dangerous place it is. You're thoughts and opinions are greatly welcome and appreciated. As always, hope you all get laid in the good way this weekend. 

GO BRUINS! 

Afternoon  BruinsFan

What are you working on? Is it a GS? If a GS then make sure it isn't in Enduro mode or some other off-road mode. 

Otherwise start by verifying these things__

The cruise control on/off switch is functioning.

The clutch micro-switch is activating (ie clutch lever fully returning out) 

The brakes are functioning properly, no brake light staying on, or lever or pedal sticking (fully returning)  

The R/H twist grip & it's input is working correctly, rolling the twist grip all the way off (plus a little) cancels the cruise control.

You might have to get a GS-911 or dealer computer on that motorcycle. 

• Like 1

What a dip stick I've become in life. I promise I'm smarter than I look AND I was voted best dancer my senior year. Hahaha! I forgot to change out of enduro mode. Holy MACARONI... at least my mom is proud of me. 

You guys erase this from your memory and I'll never admit to making that post. Have a superb Saturday and twist the grip off of it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Smile 5