IGNORED

Show us your Oilhead!

lurch9494

Lowndes

DeadEye,

Looks like you have a set of barbacks added and the forks raised.  I had those barbacks but didn't like them.  I just moved the fork tubes up and put the stock bars on top of the triple clamp.  This is much more comfortable for me.  I understand the early year R11S's had the bars on the tubes below the triple clamp but most people move them up.  It's amazing how such a small move can be so much better.

image.thumb.png.b579271eefdc77013a3480f9bb9091f5.png

if you post this over at pelicanparts, bmw r1100s forum for sale, theyll be gone in heartbeat..

• Thanks 1
DeadEye
On 3/19/2024 at 7:37 PM, Lowndes said:

DeadEye,

Looks like you have a set of barbacks added and the forks raised.  I had those barbacks but didn't like them.  I just moved the fork tubes up and put the stock bars on top of the triple clamp.  This is much more comfortable for me.  I understand the early year R11S's had the bars on the tubes below the triple clamp but most people move them up.  It's amazing how such a small move can be so much better.

image.thumb.png.b579271eefdc77013a3480f9bb9091f5.png

Yes, they were on the bike when I picked it up, I thé position quite comfortable.

i also installed a kit to lower the foot pegs !

Now it’s about as good as it’s going to get , with that Sporting ride position.

• 2 weeks later...
lukaspriest

Hello there everyone!  I've only been riding for about 5-6 years, and I am brand new to the world of BMW's.  I've been on old Hondas I rebuilt (an '81 cx500 and an '83 gl650), and I finally realized my dream of owning a Beamer and moving into a bigger bike.

I just picked up this '94 R1100RS and I think she is just GORGEOUS.  I wasn't super keen on the turquoise color at first, but it's really grown on me.  She only has 20,000 miles on her, and the best part is that she runs like a DREAM and she has a complete and full service history, with paperwork for every service, to include the ones for mileage intervals. ABS works, and it also has heated grips.  It has Metzler tires that are only a couple of years old, and a lovely and comfortable Sargent seat.  I'm looking to do two things - I'll be installing a set of Spiegler stainless steel brake lines, and I want to install a set of handle bar risers (bar-backs) so that I can bring the controls just a bit closer.  I know that I'll need a longer brake line for the risers, but I'm a bit worried that such a mod would require longer throttle cables/wiring as well.  Can anyone here guide me on that?  Anyhow,  I'm just utterly smitten by this bike.  Coming from the 500 and 650cc Hondas I've been on, I just can't get over how fast, nimble, and powerful this beautiful machine is.  I literally can't wipe the smile off my face.

r1100rs.thumb.jpg.db66d7d73e2b7ec52f994e5192967e98.jpg

20240316_141200.jpg

Anyhow, I'm proud and happy to be here!  Now I'm trying to think of a wonderful German woman's name to give her, ha!

• Like 3

That's a beauty!  To me it just shouts out 'I need a few tasteful white pin stripes'.  

• Thanks 1
taylor1

That is a fine-looking bike. Think I would go silver instead of white. :classic_biggrin:

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
P1k1968

Just bought this 95 R1100RS off the original owner.  I replaced the front brake cylinder, trying to get it bled properly now.

I put the original seats back on as the Corbin is a little wider which affects my reach to the ground.

IMG_9697.jpg

IMG_9696.jpg

• Like 4