IGNORED

UPDATE - Boxflyer's Missing Wethead Maintenance Videos Back Again

Rainman48

I'm in the process of performing a valve check on my RT, and this morning I went to check on a sequence on one of  Brad's Youtube videos and found but a very few are available, and his great maintenance videos are missing.  Response to a saved bookmark was "this is a private video", and searching his channel as a subscriber there were only a half dozen available videos.

I hope this is only a temporary thing.  Maybe I'm missing an announcement somewhere, and hoping he can let us know what happened.  Hope everything is OK, and I'd certainly pay him to view his excellent work.

Sure, and I can also just refer to my BMW Service DVD or Google other YouTube sources.

But my question really is:  What happened to Brad's videos.  I like and trust his production and efforts.

1 minute ago, Boxflyer said:

I left the country today and need to update some videos…

My videos are still FREE. 

Thank you for the reply.  I was actually worried something happened to you.  I look forward to seeing more when you have time.

8 hours ago, Rainman48 said:

Brad's Youtube videos … very few are available, and his great maintenance videos are missing…

I was able to find them all on his YouTube channel.  You may be looking in the wrong place.  Click on the “Videos” tab, and you should find them all.  Here’s a link to the first of 6 videos for the R1200RT 12k service: Part 1 of 6

12 hours ago, Cap said:

I was able to find them all on his YouTube channel.  You may be looking in the wrong place.  Click on the “Videos” tab, and you should find them all.  Here’s a link to the first of 6 videos for the R1200RT 12k service: Part 1 of 6

Yes they are now, but no, yesterday they were not.  I have his channel and many of his videos properly bookmarked on all my computers, and none were working yesterday at the time I originally posted.  I don't know what the cause was, but they are working fine now.

• Rainman48 changed the title to UPDATE - Boxflyer's Missing Wethead Maintenance Videos Back Again
  • 2 weeks later...
Bruno From Québec

Wasn't there a video on how to make you own cam tensioner tool? I can't find it anymore.

I might give that a try since I have no other option.

1 hour ago, Bruno From Québec said:

Wasn't there a video on how to make you own cam tensioner tool? I can't find it anymore.

I might give that a try since I have no other option.

Unless I missed something, PM @Boxflyer. I think he could save you some machining time.  :dontknow:

Edit.. I believe he has some for sale.

Boxflyer mentions in his videos about his DIY tools that he made himself, however, there was no mention of specifics.   At his Tech Day Seminars, he discusses them in more detail but does provide exacts.   He put a lot of blood, sweat, materials, and money into his fabrications and may not reveal relevant data.   That is my take on that issue, as I have read similar sentiment that he posted in another sub-forum.  You could always ask, though.

As the old saying goes:  your kilometers may vary......

• 1 month later...

Boxflyer, 

Where can one find your video or videos where you explain how to properly use the tools you produced for the R1200 LC motor? Especially the cam chain tensioner as I want to review it before I start my maintenance work. I I remember you did an updated one for this specific tool? Thanks.

• Plus 1 1
6 hours ago, Oldrider51 said:

Where can one find your video or videos where you explain how to properly use the tools you produced for the R1200 LC motor?.

Here you go Link

Thanks MikeB60, I found all of these but none actually discussed the use of his tools. I am thinking now that he did this in a thread and not a video. need to continue to look.

10 minutes ago, Boxflyer said:

I think the information here is similar enough from the 1250 that you can understand how it is used with the 1200 as well.

https://youtu.be/PQeNcD0gGOw?feature=shared&t=340

Brad

You can contact me via PM for this kind of direct question.

Thanks, Brad this is what I was looking for. I wanted to make sure before I started this maintenance task. 

Steve

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2023 at 8:10 PM, Boxflyer said:

I think the information here is similar enough from the 1250 that you can understand how it is used with the 1200 as well.

https://youtu.be/PQeNcD0gGOw?feature=shared&t=340

Brad

You can contact me via PM for this kind of direct question.

Good morning. I was looking at your 12,000 mile service video this morning and tried to download the files for your boxer boards. Some of the files, it seems mostly for left hand panels require access to be given.  You would have gotten a couple gdrive requests from me as well.  

wonderful resource and thank you for them. 

new to BMW bikes and trying to not mess things up. 

cheers

As I said in the part of the QUOTED text...

Please contact me VIA PM for this kind of direct question.

You are already communicating with me via the YouTube comments as well as the GoogleDrive system...

Enough is enough!

• Plus 1 1
Geekmaster
1 hour ago, Kasommer said:

Good morning. I was looking at your 12,000 mile service video this morning and tried to download the files for your boxer boards. Some of the files, it seems mostly for left hand panels require access to be given.  You would have gotten a couple gdrive requests from me as well.  

wonderful resource and thank you for them. 

new to BMW bikes and trying to not mess things up. 

cheers

Kasommer, one suggestion for you when you get the files for the BoxFlyer boards.  Print them out, and get them laminated at Staples or someplace, then mount them on foam board.  Then just drill small holes through the plastic lamination for each screw location (with a few extras if you need).  They work great that way, and then last a long time.

• Plus 1 1