IGNORED

Careful out there

Skywagon

I think it said he hit a car battery that was in the roadway. :dontknow: A few weeks ago coming back from the little Vermont ride we did I hit a flipped up “gas main” cap. Some sort of metal cap anyway. But I was on a GS! :yes:

edit. I gots beaten to the punch. :D

He crossed the double yellow line and I thought he was merged into, but.....guess not.

Unless the battery came from a junker being towed, the vehicle that displaced it shoud be up on the road, somewhere, on the shoulder.   Just sayin'

Yikes!

And since we are "just sayin", his lane change was illegal....FWIW, YMMV

:dontknow:

Gotta look farther ahead before pulling out.........but from his comments on his other video, he won't listen nor learn from this. He believes it was unavoidable.

• Plus 1 1
4 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Looks like blue and white truck came over and did a pit maneuver on him,.....I dunno

Wow, analyst you all are

And your not?

55 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Is it legal to cross a double yellow line? I've never seen that situation. To me it looks like driving on the shoulder.

This was on the Southern terminus of the 14/Antelope (Valley) freeway and the far left lane is an HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lane.  

https://maps.app.goo.gl/je5KuwZsqbVLfnAn7?g_st=ic

The battery blended in with the dbl yellow & yes, it’s not legal to cross it (insta karma?) 

2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Unless the battery came from a junker being towed, the vehicle that displaced it shoud be up on the road, somewhere, on the shoulder.   Just sayin

Not sure on that one for modern vehicles but tend to think that they would behave like older ones in that once turning an alternator, the battery is just along for the ride (or in this case NOT along for the ride).  

• Plus 1 1
1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

Gotta look farther ahead before pulling out

You do remember what happened on the South bound section of this freeway on the morning of Jan. 17th 1994?

1 hour ago, ESokoloff said:

Not sure on that one for modern vehicles but tend to think that they would behave like older ones in that once turning an alternator, the battery is just along for the ride (or in this case NOT along for the ride).  

My guess is it fell off a scrapper's truck. Usually not the most naintained vehicles or most responsible drivers on the road.

• Plus 1 1
1 hour ago, Hosstage said:
2 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

My guess is it fell off a scrapper's truck

Don’t know but do know that the scrap yards are located to the South (he was North bound). 

In the comments someone thought it was from an RV. 

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
3 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

This was on the Southern terminus of the 14/Antelope (Valley) freeway and the far left lane is an HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lane.  

https://maps.app.goo.gl/je5KuwZsqbVLfnAn7?g_st=ic

The battery blended in with the dbl yellow & yes, it’s not legal to cross it (insta karma?) 

I’ve only rode through the 14 to 5 south interchange a handful of times but it’s always struck me as an ideal place for something bat-shit crazy to happen. With that thought in mind… I can see myself turning my head to look at the truck… But that battery had to get hit a few times before it came to rest on the double yellow, along with a lot of other trash, so I wouldn’t have been riding there. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

I’ve only rode through the 14 to 5 south interchange a handful of times but it’s always struck me as an ideal place for something bat-shit crazy to happen.

Yep :P

15 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

You do remember what happened on the South bound section of this freeway on the morning of Jan. 17th 1994?

Yes I do. A lot of other mistakes on that '94 fatality.

7 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

A lot of other mistakes on that '94 fatality.

Other then the understandably “gotta get there” factor, what else’s was at play?