IGNORED

Venhill Brake Lines?

Paddler

Anybody used them?  I ordered them after trying the Spiegler lines, which didn't fit at all.  I just replaced my brake pads today and flushed the brakes on my 1998 R1100R.  While doing so my original brake lines sprang a leak, just above the T that splits to the two front calipers.  Wondering if anybody with an R1100R has tried the Venhills and if they fit okay. 

13 hours ago, Paddler said:

the Spiegler lines, which didn't fit at all

Just curious if you contacted Speigler and told them your problem? I have used them multiple times. I once had a problem with a line, contacted them and they immediately remedied the situation. 

3 hours ago, taylor1 said:

Just curious if you contacted Speigler and told them your problem? I have used them multiple times. I once had a problem with a line, contacted them and they immediately remedied the situation. 

Yes, I did.  They said that others hadn't had problems.  I think the R1100R setup must have been different from other models.  There is a rigid tube that crosses the front fender, and the Speigler fitting at the junction protruded .250" too much.  I tried to have a local shop modify the tube to fit the Speigler lines but they were unable to so and in fact ruined the stock tube.  It was quite a fiasco.

I ordered the Venhill lines as a kit.

I am surprised that they did not try everything they could to remedy your problem. When I dealt with them, they pretty much went above and beyond to help. I guess we all have different experiences when it comes to dealing with things like that.

Yes, their three-way junction was the problem.  I installed the Venhill front set this afternoon.  The directions provided were incorrect, and the line to the left caliper was a bit too long, but they're installed.  The rear is much simpler, I plan to install that tomorrow and bleed the system.

The next question I have is about bleeding.  I've read pros and cons about bleeding the ABS unit.  The last time I reinstalled the original lines after the Speigler fiasco I only bled the brakes at the calipers and that worked fine.  Thoughts? 

Brodiepunker18

I used galfer for my bike.ordered the kit and everything fit perfectly. Even with the metal line across the fender in the front. 

and I bled both at the calipers and ABS when I did mine…I wanted any and all old fluid out as much as possible.