IGNORED

ABS module transplant...

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

Replaced defective ABS module in the '10 RT w/ an eBay donor from a '13.  Without actually testing the ABS function, I'm happy it appears to work with no failure alerts.  Took a 150 mile ride today w/o incident except have more travel than I prefer in front brake lever which I believe is a brake bleeding issue.

This module is the same part # for all 1200RTs regardless of model year per MaxBMW fiche.  It has four tapped ports in an aluminum block.  The union bolts holding the brake lines fast to the ABS are stainless.  It was difficult to start the bolts and finger tighten them after the module was bolted to the frame because the steel lines are not flexible enough (at least for me) to guide them straight into the tapped holes.  Starting and finger tightening the bolts almost all the way into the module before it was bolted to the frame was easier as I could tip the module slightly to get a good alignment with the bolts and steel lines.  

There was probably a smarter way to accomplish the same thing, but one works with the brains one has.

YMMV

image.png.52fd8c3dcd5357fbe36957d945e3b9d4.png

• Like 3

John- looks just like the ABS block that I recently took out of my 07, had serviced and reinstalled. I've got no brake failure light either, but I'm having difficulty getting the rear circuit bled sufficiently. Still feels soft. How does your rear pedal feel these days? Dave