IGNORED

Re mounting gearbox gap

Martin 66

Hi all out there,

Anyone had experience of putting a K75 gearbox back? I took mine off to relube the splines and check wear as part of a process to get my clutch back to the Featherlight touch it used to be instead of the muscle crunching graunch it had turned into.

Anyway, on trying to mate the ' box to the engine, there is a quarter inch gap that won't close. Can't see anything caught and I've had it off and on again to check clutch alignment and I guess that must be ok as the splines are longer than the quarter inch. I can get the mounting screws in, but don't want to try tightening them to pull things together in case something ends up deformed.

Anyone had a similar experience... and solved the problem?

3 hours ago, Martin 66 said:

Hi all out there,

Anyone had experience of putting a K75 gearbox back? I took mine off to relube the splines and check wear as part of a process to get my clutch back to the Featherlight touch it used to be instead of the muscle crunching graunch it had turned into.

Anyway, on trying to mate the ' box to the engine, there is a quarter inch gap that won't close. Can't see anything caught and I've had it off and on again to check clutch alignment and I guess that must be ok as the splines are longer than the quarter inch. I can get the mounting screws in, but don't want to try tightening them to pull things together in case something ends up deformed.

Anyone had a similar experience... and solved the problem?

Afternoon  Martin 66

I presume that you aren't contacting the clutch disk hub?

The other thing to look at is if the clutch release push rod is sticking out too far contacting the spring center before the trans in fully into battery.