IGNORED

Seat Compatibility

PopPop

Due to a substantial rip in my 04 R1150RT's front seat, I'm on the hunt for a replacement. 

There are a couple of options from stateside retailers but I'd like to exhaust the pre-owned market before popping on a new unit.

Can anyone clarify what years are compatible with mine? They're listings for seats claiming to be suitable for as broad a range as '96 to '05.

I accept (and hope) that other models share the same seat. I'd just like to know which ones they are. Thanks in advance. 

Have you checked with an automotive or marine upholster about a repair?

I had mine done years ago, it is due for a refresh as the seams are starting to wear.

6 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

You could check with these guys, well known on the HD side.

https://www.meancitycycles.com/

Wow, these guys are close to me.

I've not reached out to any upholstery folks but haven't ruled it out. I recently watched a few DIY recovering videos but wasn't sold on the results. 

May end up giving MCC a call. Thanks  

Over the years, there have been a number of 1100/1150RT saddles offered in the Parts and Accesories forum. There are also a number of after market saddles offered (e.g. Corbin, Sargent, ...) on that forum that should work. Have a look. I sold two saddles thru that forum several  years ago. 

Miguel

Hosstage...I'm surprised at the need to improve comfort on HD.  I've ridden many models and their seats or head and shoulders more comfortable that BMW.   I have a buddy who has an UltraClassic that we switch off on sometimes.  It's like sitting on my sofa.

IMHO HD seats and kickstands are top notch.  I'm actually surprised no one has copied their sidestand with the big foot...easy down, easy up.

8 hours ago, PopPop said:

Due to a substantial rip in my 04 R1150RT's front seat, I'm on the hunt for a replacement. 

There are a couple of options from stateside retailers but I'd like to exhaust the pre-owned market before popping on a new unit.

Can anyone clarify what years are compatible with mine? They're listings for seats claiming to be suitable for as broad a range as '96 to '05.

I accept (and hope) that other models share the same seat. I'd just like to know which ones they are. Thanks in advance. 

The seats for the 1100RT and 1150RT have the same underpinnings and connection points.  They will cross-fit.  They use the same part numbers.  My understanding is that the 1100RT came with a standard seat, and a comfort seat was an option (don't know if it was a no-cost option or an extra fee).  Later on,, the comfort seat became the standard seat with delivery - I think on the 1150RT.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Skywagon said:

Hosstage...I'm surprised at the need to improve comfort on HD.  I've ridden many models and their seats or head and shoulders more comfortable that BMW.   I have a buddy who has an UltraClassic that we switch off on sometimes.  It's like sitting on my sofa.

IMHO HD seats and kickstands are top notch.  I'm actually surprised no one has copied their sidestand with the big foot...easy down, easy up.

My stock seat on the RoadKing wasn't great, and a little tall. Bought an HD branded aftermarket seat that fit the bill just right, a little lower for my stubs, comfortable as hell. It didn't need to be redone for comfort, but just reupholstered due to the seams wearing out from a lot of mileage, about ten years of use with my fat ashe sliding on and off. It's ready again for a new cover, seams are letting go again, and I've put a few small accidental slices in it.

My Ultra seat was a little wide, slightly tall,  bought the same style of HD seat for it, so comfortable and a little more manageable for that 900 pound pig of a bike.

You're right, they don't call them road sofas for nothing.

I have have a low mileage, regular height, non heated Sargent, rider and passenger seats that I haven’t been using that I was going to put on the marketplace later in early winter. I have not been using it for the past year. If interested, pm me.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, RK Ryder said:

I have have a low mileage, regular height, non heated Sargent, rider and passenger seats that I haven’t been using that I was going to put on the marketplace later in early winter. I have not been using it for the past year. If interested, pm me.

PM sent. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Redfoxx said:

did you find a seat, I have a Sargent seat for sale front and rear.  

Thanks, Red. I did. I bought RK's (above).