IGNORED

I Love This Bike....

Twisties

.. and she loves hers...

We're two summers into our R 1250 GS experience and lovin' it.  

I got my 2020 with 15k miles and it's got 24k now.  Her 2021 came with 2400 miles and has 7500 now.  

I remember replacing my stock shocks on the old '07 RT at 20k miles.  At 24k I'm still feeling like the GS is on rails.  Don't notice any degradation at all.  The old hexhead RT's always burned some oil between oil changes.  I'm not noticing any oil consumption at all on the 1250's.  These bikes just seem to go, and go, and go well.  Plenty of power, really don't use it all most of the time.  Superb handling.  The tranny still clunks downshifting into 1st, but then it is a BMW.  :-)

• Like 4

I’ve been happily riding mine since 2012. In dog years that’s a really long time not to get bored with a motorcycle. :classic_biggrin: Granted, I’ve got a couple options when I go out to the garage but, the GS has been the go to bike. :thumbsup: You lose a little wind & weather protection but the freedom it gives you to explore those small unpaved backcountry roads makes up for it ten times over. 

image.thumb.jpeg.cfa8036bf23f18a577aff805613c9ddd.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Nice pix. I notice your highway pegs are mounted on top of the engine guard. Good idea, that way in a fall the peg will be less likely to damage the valve cover. I had a pair mounted lower and a friend of mine dropped my bike while standing still. That little fall was enough to push the peg into the engine cover, thankfully no damage. Needless to say ( so why say it ) I removed the pegs immediately.  

Which pegs are you using and are you happy with them ? Thanks