IGNORED

Key Fob Service Icon

MichiganBob

Good Morning,

I am getting a service icon with a key and what appears to be a half full battery icon. I changed the CV2032 with a fresh one but still getting the icons. Do I have to reset the error message? I do not have an error scanning device.

Many thanks for your input.

Bob

Maybe be sure the CV2032 battery isn't a dud first. 

I've had a few of those button batteries be almost dead out of the package.  Particularly I've had that sad experience with the famous ubiquitous brand with the copper top slogan.   I've had the best luck with the Panasonic brand button batteries, but are tougher to find.  In any case buying from a high volume big box like Maynards, Tarjay or Wally World helps for finding fresh batteries.

• Plus 1 1

I have had that happen to me during START.  3 new batteries, different brands from different sources (one was Panasonic)  At one point, a newly installed new battery  (in the morning) gave me the warning with 2 keys showing at lunch time.  It would not crank.  It would cycle the dash, but no start.  it also had enough battery life to remote lock/unlock.  :dontknow:

The 3rd battery is better, only showing the warning light intermittently.  

I will get a few more and test the voltage prior to use.

Good luck with your search for fresh batteries!

Probably doesn't matter as I'm sure other people have used the same but I have always used Duracell and change mine every spring plus keep a spare in my top box but never have had to use it. 

Yup, most of the time the new out of the package battery is fine, but the dud rate for these button batteries is significant enough that if at first the new one doesn't cure the device issues, I first suspect the battery and try another.

• Plus 1 2
23 hours ago, Paul De said:

Yup, most of the time the new out of the package battery is fine, but the dud rate for these button batteries is significant enough that if at first the new one doesn't cure the device issues, I first suspect the battery and try another.

Happened to me a year or so ago.  Was changing out the battery in my fob and decided to use the spare I was carrying in my tankbag.  It didn't work and another worked just fine.  I was carrying that battery around for about a year.  Glad it happened at the house.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...