IGNORED

Switched 12v under seat

Dave P

2007 R1200RT I'm adding Hyper-Lites to my brake light. It's all hooked up except the connection to switched 12v power. 

On the MOA site I read there is a 2 conductor plug under the passenger seat, left rear, intended for a Powerlet socket. I heard there is switched 12v power on the red/green wire. 

Would this red/green wire be my source to tap into for this Hyper-Lite? Thanks, Dave

The red/green will work. Expect the light to remain on for a time after the ignition is turned off.

I have had the Skene P3 lights for many years, so had to look to see which wire I used.  I thought I had used a wire for the optional alarm system (which I do not have) but I now think it is for the heated rear seat (also not present). Sometimes I look at something I did years ago and wonder how I made the decision.  I suspect I just tested wires at unused connector until I found a switched wire.  There may be a better choice, but I've been using a white/green wire in the tail section without a problem or a shutdown delay.   

image.png.61219884db7d47d9ab6a159e3d8d3d6f.png

Ive used hyper-lites on my last 3 bikes.  Mine came with detailed instruction on where to tap the wires.  You might contact them and see if they have a recommendation for you.

Sky- from what I remember, it wasn't specific to my bike, just said "switched 12v". Don't want to take all the bodywork off to hook to something up front (just put it all back on). As a test I just hooked a jumper to the positive on the battery. I think I'll try that RedGreen Show line see how it works. D