IGNORED

1999 R1100S extra keys

DeadEye

Hello,

My bike came from Oregon through I don’t know how many states before I picked it up in Toronto.

only had 1 Ignition key and 1  key for the hard cases.

i ordered a blank off eBay for the cases

Are the ignition keys chipped ?

Thanks,

Don

5 hours ago, DeadEye said:

Hello,

My bike came from Oregon through I don’t know how many states before I picked it up in Toronto.

only had 1 Ignition key and 1  key for the hard cases.

i ordered a blank off eBay for the cases

Are the ignition keys chipped ?

Thanks,

Don

Morning Don

No, not on your 1100S, later BMW's were though. 

I don't know if this is helpful to you or not but my R1100RT uses the same key as the BMW cars of the 1990, a simple flat key. I was able to get a few made at a local locksmith for $4 each. I bought 5 and put one in each of my jackets, hid one under a rear foot peg rubber after cutting off the head (you can't see it unless you are looking for it), and keep a couple spares with spare car and house keys. 

Best

Miguel

8 hours ago, Miguel! said:

I don't know if this is helpful to you or not but my R1100RT uses the same key as the BMW cars of the 1990, a simple flat key. I was able to get a few made at a local locksmith for $4 each. I bought 5 and put one in each of my jackets, hid one under a rear foot peg rubber after cutting off the head (you can't see it unless you are looking for it), and keep a couple spares with spare car and house keys. 

Best

Miguel

Great , thanks for the reply !

a Spare Is Always better than none !