IGNORED

R1100RT front brake bobbins

Dave P

96 R1100RT, about 8 years ago I replaced the front brake bobbins with a set from Dan Cata as the old ones were making a rattling noise over small bumps. Fixed it up nicely. Well the rattle is back and I can't seem to find a Dan Cata site to buy another set. 24 of those suckers to do the switch out. Is he still the bobbin guy or is there a new source? I see them on ebay for $7 apiece but that adds up to $168!!  Thanks, Dave

3 hours ago, Dave P said:

96 R1100RT, about 8 years ago I replaced the front brake bobbins with a set from Dan Cata as the old ones were making a rattling noise over small bumps. Fixed it up nicely. Well the rattle is back and I can't seem to find a Dan Cata site to buy another set. 24 of those suckers to do the switch out. Is he still the bobbin guy or is there a new source? I see them on ebay for $7 apiece but that adds up to $168!!  Thanks, Dave

Evening Dave

You might try     https://www.motobins.co.uk/  , it's been a few years since I have bought from them but their shipping from the UK wasn't that much. (just took a little while but really not too bad) 

Their  bobbin set is about $36.00 + shipping.  Just be sure to change the currency on their web site to USD so you get an accurate pricing without converting.  

Dave P.   Interesting, it looks like the  Dan Cata website is no longer active.  I’ll check it a few more times to see if this is a temporary or permanent problem.  I see that Euro Moto Electric has the bobbins for sale too.

I would be concerned that if you are ready to go to your third set of disk bobbins, your rotors might be close to or beyond the minimum thickness spec. 4.5 mm should be inscribed on the carrier.

On 9/20/2023 at 2:52 PM, Dave P said:

Well the rattle is back and I can't seem to find a Dan Cata site to buy another set. 24 of those suckers to do the switch out. Is he still the bobbin guy or is there a new source?

Dan’s website host stopped business, so he is in the process of bringing the site up on a new host.

He says you should email him at catadan@fastmail.fm. and he’ll fill your order.

• Like 1