IGNORED

04 R1150RT

djbock

After what I am assuming is input spline failure on my R1100, I picked up an 04 R1150 25k miles.  Looking to do the following maintenance items: oil & filter, plugs, trans & rear drive fluid, alternator belt, fuel filter & hoses, left side cam tensioner and brake fluid flush (although I would hope done a couple of years ago when lines were swapped out to SS).

Anything else I'm missing? I know HES wiring was issue on 1100 but are they on the 1150.

On 9/15/2023 at 11:12 AM, djbock said:

After what I am assuming is input spline failure on my R1100, I picked up an 04 R1150 25k miles.  Looking to do the following maintenance items: oil & filter, plugs, trans & rear drive fluid, alternator belt, fuel filter & hoses, left side cam tensioner and brake fluid flush (although I would hope done a couple of years ago when lines were swapped out to SS).

Anything else I'm missing? I know HES wiring was issue on 1100 but are they on the 1150.

Afternoon djbock

The 1150 HES problems were not nearly as pronounced as on the 1100 bikes but some do & did fail.  Actually the HES itself seldom if ever failed it was the insulation on the HES wire pig tail that crumbled then allowed moisture to effect the HES signal.   

You might also look into replacing the plastic fuel line quick disconnects as those have a habit of cracking therefore causing a fuel leak.

You should probably  replace the hydraulic clutch fluid when doing your service. If the fluid is black looking then you might also think about replacing your clutch slave cylinder. If the slave starts leaking that can ruin your clutch & THAT is a big job to replace.