IGNORED

Front mounting location for Skene amber lights, R1100RT

Miguel!

I ended up with a pair of amber Skene LEDs with the modulator and I'm trying to figure out where to mount them. I already have Darla running lights mounted to the front fender bolts. I'd really like to mount them somehow in the radiator "grill" area. I know it will inhibit some air flow but the Skene LEDs are relatively small and I'd guess they would cover less than 10% of the radiator gill opening. Are there other mounting locations that make sense on the R1100RT? Thanks!

Miguel 

The amber lights are on my K100 but the auxiliary lights on the R1100RT are white. However this may give you an idea of how the lights are placed.  I found the original roundals too large after I mounted the lights so I then mounted slightly smaller ones on the panels (not shown in this pic).

Our house is 0.4 km from the adjoining street. My wife claims she has no problems seeing me when I first enter the street. Even more so with the K having a set of white lights placed in the same position with amber ones directly under the headlamp. 

Cheers!

Paul

America 2011 166.JPG

‘‘This is how I mounted Piaa’s on my 1150Rt. Forget the name of the mounting bracket, but if your interested, I’m sure I kept the instructions and can look it up. Would have turned them on, but the battery is dead and the bike is waiting for it’s lazy owner to tear it down for some maintenance issues

39D70C05-D5EB-43A1-A4BC-655069FB4828.jpeg