IGNORED

FS: BMW ABS-I Pressure Modulator, Rebuilt

Puddles

For Sale: Complete ABS High Pressure System, Rebuilt
BMW ABS-I Pressure Modulator p/n 34 51 7 728 061
Price: $1500

Fits: R/K 1200(RT/RS/ST) to 8/2006, possibly others. Please verify your fitment.

Here's the fiche for my specific bike.

Rebuilt by Nito Motors in Spain, never installed.

Yes, if your ABS has died, you can bypass it, but that has some significant disadvantages. First, of course, you lose the ABS function and original equipment item. Second, the computer will always show the ABS fault on the display.

This unit is the one I removed from my 2005 R1200RT and sent for rebuild. The rebuild (actually, to be fair, the shipping) took much longer than I expected, and I ended up purchasing a new replacement from the dealer so I could get back on the road. As a result, I have this rebuilt unit available. These rebuilds are very hard to come by, so my having this one in stock and ready to go will save you about $1500 over the BMW OEM replacement.

I will extend to you the rebuilder's 1 year warranty, subject to the condition that you have the unit filled and bled by a qualified mechanic, and that the mechanic also clear the codes and certify the unit is installed and operating properly before use (the print out would be required). I will also refund the purchase price for the rebuilt unit if the mechanic finds it to be DOA.

If you live near me, I will also offer to assist in the replacement of the unit. It is not difficult and if you have the tools and garage space, we could do the swap in 2-3 hours. If you, or we, install the rebuilt unit, keep in mind that in order for me to support Nito's rebuild warranty, you would need to trailer the bike to the mechanic for filling and bleeding. If you decide to fill and bleed the system yourself, I will not offer to support any warranty actions. This is not to say you could not attempt a claim with Nito themselves.

Let's get your bike running again the way it was meant to!