IGNORED

New Medal Of Honor recipient

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday

A Vietnam vet was just awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for a mission in which he disobeyed an order to return to base and instead opted to rescue four otherwise-doomed soldiers using a helicopter made for two (they all had to ride the skids during the evac):

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66722741

i suppose if you’ve already used up some fuel and bullets then you might have enough carrying capacity to pick up an unexpected 800 pounds of meat, but it must have been a dicey flight back (not even considering being shot at).

“When duty called, Larry did everything to answer. He rewrote the fate of four families for generations to come."

image.gif.229fa9773e16dbb784b3278869e96ebc.gif

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Probably the wrong forum to ask but, do you think it was disrespectful for a certain someone to walk out before the ceremony had ended? I sure did. But, to me it’s been obvious from the get go that this someone doesn’t respect the people who served and sacrificed.

Yes/No and we can leave it there. ;)

• Smile 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
8 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Yes/No and we can leave it there. ;)

Yes, it was the wrong forum to ask.

• Haha 2

I'm certain that untold thousands of acts of heroism took place there, in a lot of cases there was no one left to tell the story, but some did.  Bless them all.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Lowndes said:

I'm certain that untold thousands of acts of heroism took place there, in a lot of cases there was no one left to tell the story, but some did.  Bless them all.

I think Captain Taylor would agree with you, and I'll bet he doesn't feel he deserves the MOH as he was just doing what any of his other fellow soldiers would have done.

• Plus 1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, lawnchairboy said:

makes me think of Az Al.  

Wish he still had time to tell his stories. Maybe he did, :dontknow: think I only met him once at the Salida UN.