IGNORED

What’s faster: a MotoGP bike or an F1 car?

MotoNews

Car.

I realize MotoNews isn’t listening but hey, another story.

My brother had a 79 Z28 and I had a Suzuki GS 750. I had no doubt that my bike was faster. One day we were going to Westford to swim in a rock quarry. (btw they just fished somebody out of it yesterday) :( Anyway, I was on my bike and he was in the Z. I led going up on to I-495 and rolled on the throttle hard. About 30 seconds later he went by me like I was standing still! :burnout::classic_biggrin:

Did they not listen to Brad Pitts narration of Hitting the Apex where he states that a MotoGP bike accelerates faster than a Formula One race car,.........duh

24 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Throw some corners on that track and the F1 car destroys.

Pedrosa has some mad skills to get that bike to launch like that.

Well, gee, put a Top Fuel dragster with those guys and none would stand a chance it'd destroy them all......if we're what-if'n:18:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
3 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

I did not read the article.  Who won?

I didn’t read the article either, I just wanted to tell a historical tale from the past. :spittake:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Well, gee, put a Top Fuel dragster with those guys and none would stand a chance it'd destroy them all......if we're what-if'n:18:

Can we also include something in the jet family, and maybe just a full-on horizontally-launched rocket as well? Oh - and I've always said this would be fun for NASCAR too: for the sake of perspective, halfway down the track, can we just have someone driving a 1993 Tempo?

• Smile 1
4 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

Can we also include something in the jet family, and maybe just a full-on horizontally-launched rocket as well? Oh - and I've always said this would be fun for NASCAR too: for the sake of perspective, halfway down the track, can we just have someone driving a 1993 Tempo?

We was what-if'n,....Hosstage said to throw some curves in so the F1 could win.......he mighta missed the key word

image.thumb.png.331c8f29a775bafcf94a1cc7ef262877.png

Which to me, is a simple straight line run;);):grin::grin:  We could also have all three go 'cross the grass in curves and see who would come out on top,.....mebbe that little rally car,.......I dunno

In my defense, I didn't listen to the vid, only watched it with sound off. After Rougs gave me the business, I went back and listened to the race parameters to learn it was strictly a drag race. Because of the different styles of race cars built for turning, I just assumed it would include corners in the race.

And my statement stands, throw a couple turns in there, and even the TF dragster that Rougarou mentioned would lose to the F1 car!

8 hours ago, Hosstage said:

TF dragster that Rougarou mentioned would lose to the F1 car!

Ya think:classic_biggrin:  the things got bicycle wheels in the front and can barely turn.:classic_biggrin:

I think a Yugo would take them all in any event.

• Smile 1