IGNORED

BMWST Oval Stickers

waynerd

I know this is a real stretch,  but does anyone have any extra BMWST sitckers from a number years back?  I got rear ended yesterday afternoon.  I'm doing a parts inventory and realized that my bike rehab will not be complete without those oval stickers calling attention to this great online community.  And no, I don't think the lady who hit me was just trying to get closer, so she could read the sticker - though that would be the pure defintion of irony.

I might consider ordering a new batch from somewhere if it seemed there was enough interest.

image.png.69764f937a372373c49377dce869c095.png

Thanks all.

If no one steps up to offer, and the site doesn't want to make any more, you might want to look at Sticker Mule. They are good, fast - and can even be cheap if you only want a small number and hit one of their regular sample sales (for the holographic stickers, which is what you'd want, you can often get 50 for $19). It would be pretty easy to layout that design, and their folks can usually convert whatever graphic you send them into something usable. 

13 hours ago, szurszewski said:

If no one steps up to offer, and the site doesn't want to make any more, you might want to look at Sticker Mule.

Staff has taken up the challenge  ... we are looking into (but no guarantees) sourcing a duplicate of the classic look of the original as in waynerd's  post above ... so possibly the multicolor holographic might not  be the choice.  But even so ... unfortunately the Mule has become a bit more expensive ... as they all have. The search continues .

Screen Shot 2023-09-02 at 9.51.03 PM.png

As a side note for history buffs ... the earlier sticker featured BMWRT

IMG_0665.JPG

I

• Like 4

Thanks so much everyone, for your gracious replies. I really dig this community.

BMWST staff - I would be happy to help with this effort, even make the risk buy of 100 to get things going. Thanks for the Sticker Mule suggestion. And yes, it's worth exploring some other options. Is it possible to obtain the original graphic files? Or possibly a scan of an existing sticker would work?

Yes I know, I'm a relative  youngster, and I am partial to the "ST" tag, but I absolutely respect the tradition of the original "RT".

Thanks again everyone.

16 minutes ago, waynerd said:

I would be happy to help with this effort ...

Kind offer noted ... !!  This will be an ongoing process.

In case someone wonders about having a sticker with an outdated URL .... we maintain ownership of both the BMWRT and BMWST domains and any activity directed there is automatically transferred to the current BMWSportTouring URL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m sure I have at least one of each sticker stashed away if a scan would be of any use in this process. But it may be the end of the month before I’d have time to look…

On 9/2/2023 at 10:15 PM, chrisolson said:

But even so ... unfortunately the Mule has become a bit more expensive ... as they all have. The search continues .

They run regular specials for various things. I have ordered hundreds of stickers from them but I don’t think I’ve ever paid full price. If someone else sets up the graphic I’ll be happy to keep an eye out for the next time holos come up on sale and order whatever the quantity is for the special. (I’d keep a couple and donate the rest to the board.)

5 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

I’m sure I have at least one of each sticker stashed away if a scan would be of any use in this process. But it may be the end of the month before I’d have time to look…

Will keep in mind and advise if needed

2 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

They run regular specials for various things. I have ordered hundreds of stickers from them but I don’t think I’ve ever paid full price. If someone else sets up the graphic I’ll be happy to keep an eye out for the next time holos come up on sale and order whatever the quality is for the special. (I’d keep a couple and donate the rest to the board.)

:18:

Remember folks, you can help keep the lights on by clicking the LINKY  , which, cooincidently, can also be used to help defray the expense of stickers.   Because stickers, y'all!!   :yes:

(just a suggestion)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

Great reminder @wbw6cos. Something I had not done, but just did.

I found my one BMWST sticker and can scan it if that helps with the design.

If you scan and post here or send the file to me I’ll try to get some printed - probably not as fan cult as the originals, but still…

1 hour ago, szurszewski said:

If you scan and post here or send the file to me I’ll try to get some printed - probably not as fan cult as the originals, but still…

Appreciate the effort ... however we've already ordered some samples that pretty much duplicate the originals and would like to see their quality when they arrive before branching out in different directions.  Production and shipping time means they won't arrive until around the 14th.  There could most likely be options for BMWRT or BMWST or BMWSportTouring logo options. We have other source options also in the works,

Will update as it happens.

• Like 3

We have 4 of this version. It appears to be a different edition than that pictured above. If it would do, pm me your address and I'll get one out to you. 

16939194326426380563596770603119.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Twisties said:

We have 4 of this version. It appears to be a different edition than that pictured above. If it would do, pm me your address and I'll get one out to you. 

16939194326426380563596770603119.jpg

Obviously a different reflective base .... does change the look quite a bit .... I do have some samples coming that I've been able to create without a scan  ... the shot of the "RT" sticker above is on one of my own bags so I have access to an "original" just waiting for the new samples to come in next Thursday

.... I'll let you know, and thanks for the offer. 

The challenge here is not necessarily the design but to understand the quality / suitability of any new production !

21 minutes ago, chrisolson said:

Obviously a different reflective base .... does change the look quite a bit .... I do have some samples coming that I've been able to create without a scan  ... the shot of the "RT" sticker above is on one of my own bags so I have access to an "original" just waiting for the new samples to come in next Thursday

.... I'll let you know, and thanks for the offer. 

The challenge here is not necessarily the design but to understand the quality / suitability of any new production !

I meant I would send one to the OP, Waynard, but I guess I wasn't clear.  Of course I'm happy to scan it or send one your way, too, or for Josh or whoever.  

42 minutes ago, Twisties said:

I meant I would send one to the OP, Waynard, but I guess I wasn't clear.  Of course I'm happy to scan it or send one your way, too, or for Josh or whoever.  

Appreciate the thought ... and all the offers of assistance from Members.

:18:

... but for now, I think Staff has the issue handled .... local shops in various locations as well as internet providers are being compared ....

It will just take a bit of time to evaluate the options, but the process is moving forward !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Twisties said:

I sent the OP a message but got no reply.   If one is still needed I have one in my archives and happy to pass alongs as well.  Not the reflective version but rather the standard version attached in the original post. 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, RTinNC said:

I sent the OP a message but got no reply.   If one is still needed I have one in my archives and happy to pass alongs as well.  Not the reflective version but rather the standard version attached in the original post. 

My apologies Ed.  I'm just now seeing your mesage, as well as all the traffic on this post.  Thank you for your kind offer.

And Jan, as well.  Thank you very much for offering to share some of your stash.

Wow!  The wheels are in motion.  After reviewing the pic I posted and the one Jan posted, I'm questioning what versions I currently have.  I got mine from the last batch Fernando (EffBee) coordinated a while back.  I used the picture from his original post, but I "think" mine are actually reflective like Jan's picture.  I'll have to check when I get home tonight.

Not a big deal either way.  If I have to swap the art on both saddlebags to get a match (cuz I'm anal like that), easy enough to do.

And the lesson here is buy extras - because accidents, AND future bikes.  Also, yes, remember to happily appreciate and support this forum.

• Like 1
On 9/1/2023 at 4:28 PM, waynerd said:

I know this is a real stretch,  but does anyone have any extra BMWST sitckers from a number years back?  I got rear ended yesterday afternoon.  I'm doing a parts inventory and realized that my bike rehab will not be complete without those oval stickers calling attention to this great online community.  And no, I don't think the lady who hit me was just trying to get closer, so she could read the sticker - though that would be the pure defintion of irony.

I might consider ordering a new batch from somewhere if it seemed there was enough interest.

image.png.69764f937a372373c49377dce869c095.png

Thanks all.

Stay tuned for some news later this week or early next 

On 9/1/2023 at 4:28 PM, waynerd said:

but does anyone have any extra BMWST sitckers from a number years back?

Well ... its taken a bit of time looking at how to recreate the past and a bit of sleuthing into the BMSWT attic (thanks to Fernando) ... but the upshot is we've located a cache of NOS BMWST stickers ... the same as in the OP.

The first pair will go to @waynerd as soon as he PM's chrisolson with his physical mailing address

For other Members who may want to  grab a piece of history and proudly display it on their motorcycles  .... here's how you can get yours ...

IF INTERESTED PLEASE PM (chrisolson) WITH YOUR SELECTION AS OFFERED BELOW

Since obviously mailing a sticker requires your physical mailing address .... PM me .... PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR MAILING ADDRESS ... 

In your PM, let me know which option is best for you

1.  One (1)  NOS sticker free per Member who asks
  2. Two (2) NOS stickers for $5.00 via our normal Paypal Donation link
  3. For members who have already made a "normal" donation this year, you may also request two stickers

NOTE 

• There is a limited number of these original BMWST stickers ... 
  • PM's will be handled in the order they arrive.
  • If demand approaches the limited availability, we will update this topic ...
  • If you request a sticker please don't hoard it .  We would hope that they are actually used ... you could even post a pic with it on your bike :)

Actual Sample

IMG_0679.JPG

• Like 1

OK, just read your general post.  I will make that payment throught the donation link.  Extra $$, but just two stickers.

Again, thank you very much.

• Like 1