IGNORED

2019 Paint

Skywagon

I had purchased a 2 kits from them, one for the bike and one for the car.   I wish I could review them, but procrastination dried them out.   It had been well over a year.  :dopeslap:

I did get a local painter to source the paint from his supplier for Mars Red Metallic.  A board member posted about his buddy not being able to get that paint for his fender.  I posted a reply with info on the paint, if needed.  I took a photo of the can which still has some left in it.  FYI

Hi David, I posted this.  I got some touch up paint from them and I'm not happy with the match.  My bike is a 22R1250RT Mineral White Metallic, it's a tri coat paint.  Meaning it has a base color a top color and clear coat it' just hard to get all that to work together and match the OEM paint job.  My buddy's 19R1250RT Mars Red he says is also a Tri Coat, but Scratches Happen only offers a single paint, not sure how that will work.  He has been to the best painters in North Dallas, (one guy tried he won't do it again) others say just NO.  I told him about William's guy so he may reach out to him.  Thanks to you both for helping!

Thanks Strataj.. My fender got a road rash. I took it off and took it to 3 body shops. They explained the multi-coat process and said no. Apparently on this ebony metallic I have it’s actually multi-color too. I had use them on my old oil head which was Biarritz Blue. It was a very good match. 

David I too had a 14R1200RT Ebony, that is a beautiful color!  Like you I was one of the first to get the new Wethead, when I took delivery the sales guy (a long time BMW salesman) told me this can't be a BMW the paint to way to good looking.  Like William I purchase touch up paint, mine from Dr. Color but I waited to long before using.  I see the part you want painted is no longer available (painted).   I guess the only bike to buy if you want to be sure of a color match is Alpine White, SAD!