IGNORED

What is it we like to say? "Look What Followed Me Home?"

TN_R_Girl

Yep!  It finally happened!  TN_R11_Girl is now a TN_R12_Girl !!   Let me introduce you to "The Wasp"  :clap:

(And before  you ask -- No, I'm not getting rid of my beloved Road Runner -- he's just going to be for shorter, local rides :))

The new girl is just perfect for long days in the saddle and I couldn't be happier.  

20230721_151947.JPG

20230721_152240.JPG

• Like 16

It’s funny you refer to that as your long distance ride. Most of us here “sliding up” :classic_ohmy: the age scale would call that a pure sport-bike! :spittake:

Wish ya many happy miles on it! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I suppose it is more sport than tour --- but I can tell you my knees don't hurt at the end of a 300+ mile day like they do on the Roadrunner.  :dopeslap:

• Like 7

Huge congrats on a sweet ride!   I have 2 Canadian buddies that I have help convert to BMW and they both have RS's and love them.   

Wishing you many happy miles of smiles ! 

• Like 1

My brother-in-law had me ride his 2016 1200RS when I was looking for a new bike, and I concluded that it was too quick and fast for me. A hard statement for me to make. I bought an RT.

Enjoy and safe travels. 

• Like 1
On 8/27/2023 at 1:26 PM, randy said:

SO, lets see

40 more HP

15 foot lbs more torque

same wet weight 

Yea, I am not riding in her group anymore :-)

In all fairness, I don't have enough miles in the saddle to have really figured out the best sweet spot --- so pretty reserved on it at the moment.  :) 

But . . . I AM taking her for new shoes next weekend, so will be on tires I like and trust which might make a difference.  :whistle:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Chris K said:

Congradulations Shannon! Can't wait to see it in person.

Thanks Chris!  I'm excited to see if it solves the "problem" I was having keeping up with the crew at last year's Un.  :dopeslap:

On 8/27/2023 at 7:16 PM, duckhawk64 said:

My brother-in-law had me ride his 2016 1200RS when I was looking for a new bike, and I concluded that it was too quick and fast for me. A hard statement for me to make. I bought an RT.

Enjoy and safe travels. 

Seems to me you can get into just as much trouble on the RT?  But ... that's just me!  ;)

• Like 1

Hey don’t forget if the bike is anywhere near needing a service you’ve got @Boxflyer who’s been making biannual trips to the ARTS for the last few years. He’s a master tuner of the Wethead Boxer motor. :thumbsup: He’s pretty damn good on the cooking grill also! :yes: :classic_biggrin:
BBADBEDE-F4C1-43AB-A873-42912D0C460C.thumb.jpeg.277196338d0dcd7d9cfc6de4be04c00e.jpeg

5E104D52-9AFB-4A6E-8851-C82B123686F5.thumb.jpeg.4b6cde05119eb07e572e2ac195302fc8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Smile 1
3 hours ago, randy said:

Yep!  It finally happened!  TN_R11_Girl is now a TN_R12_Girl !!   Let me introduce you to "The Wasp"

I believe there is a FART/START rule that all new bikes owners provide test rides as needed.

Randy 1

?????

Mike 1

Randy 2

Tennessee residents trump others.  LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, greiffster said:

Mike 1

Randy 2

I will be speaking to the Admin's/ART team concerning your blatant disregard for sign up procedures. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 8/29/2023 at 4:41 PM, greiffster said:

Mike 1

Randy 2

:3:

3 hours ago, randy said:

Yes alphabetic order is fine, but it should be

Mike 2

Randy 1

Tell ya what . . . if you can catch me, you can ride it?  LOL

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, TN_R_Girl said:

Tell ya what . . . if you can catch me, you can ride it?  LOL

Challenge accepted.  :bike::bike:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, TSConver said:

We still taking about motorcycles?

Just a cute, complimentary note to Shannon, a riding friend, with the opening she provided about catching her on her motorcycle.  Consistent with the thread about her new ride.  No harm here.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

Just a cute, complimentary note to Shannon, a riding friend, with the opening she provided about catching her on her motorcycle.  Consistent with the thread about her new ride.  No harm here.

I was tempted to say something earlier in good fun but you lobbed a melon at the plate so I had to swing. 

Just good fun. :19:

• Haha 1
On 8/30/2023 at 9:06 PM, KDeline said:

You definitely have a type.........

They just fit me . . . pretty sure they are designed for "guys" my height and size.  :)

3 hours ago, RandyShields said:

I knew what you meant Randy!!  xoxo