IGNORED

Trans Mass Trail Ride in September

@Chef Paul mentioned this last week on our western Mass ride. I’m all in, no date yet but wanted to put the ROUTE out to confirm with Paul that this is what he has. I have an additional route that continues up into VT to Putney. I’m thinking one night camping. :dontknow: I understand it’s a long shot that this would attract riders but wanted to be neighborly and put out the invite anyway. Besides, if it’s on the internet it has to happen. :classic_biggrin: Paul, I’ll contact you in the next few days to work out some details.

Extra Extra Read All About It

6 hours ago, TEWKS said:

@Chef Paul mentioned this last week on our western Mass ride. I’m all in, no date yet but wanted to put the ROUTE out to confirm with Paul that this is what he has. I have an additional route that continues up into VT to Putney. I’m thinking one night camping. :dontknow: I understand it’s a long shot that this would attract riders but wanted to be neighborly and put out the invite anyway. Besides, if it’s on the internet it has to happen. :classic_biggrin: Paul, I’ll contact you in the next few days to work out some details.

Extra Extra Read All About It

Pat, came across this on ADV and wondered if you'd seen it, looks interesting. Long at 500 miles but not that far from your hood and could make for some killer pics/video in leaf season for those of us riding along vicariously : ) Seriously though, looks more like a small expedition and at minimum probably require some good planning.

Dirty Dog Route.gdb

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/dirty-dog-route-a-500-mile-ride-through-backcountry-vt.1463735/

• Thanks 1

Thanks Bill! Pictures in adv link looks awesome, I will check it out more closely, maybe a next summer ride but just having something to study and look forward to is half the fun! :thumbsup:

True, half the fun is the planning. I've only looked at the first and last pages so far but will check it out closer too, heck might want to attempt in a 4x4 some day.

• Like 1

Just for conversation purposes this Trans Mass Trail ride is morphing into a Vermont Puppy Dog Ride  up to the Green Mountain Rally. @Chef Paul suggested it, said it’s always a great time. I haven’t been to any rallies outside of the BMWST events in a very long time, it should be fun. Commitment on my part is about 95% today. We’d be leaving on Thursday the 7th of September and returning on the 10th. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just for formality purposes this ride has changed yet again. We cut it down to one day because of the increasing chance of rain so, camping is out. We are going to blast out Rt 2 and ride some of the Vermont “Puppy Dog Route” up to a BBQ lunch stop.

cross post below 

Posted 5 minutes ag

To up the ante :classic_biggrin: our lunch stop will be at Smokin’ J’s Memphis BBQ. It’s a new place for me so no review on the Q. Friday is the decided day. We’re going to meet at Rt 2 and Rt 111. Exit 109B off of Rt 2 West at the Dunkin’s. 8:00 Am. 

2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Just for formality purposes this ride has changed yet again. We cut it down to one day because of the increasing chance of rain so, camping is out. We are going to blast out Rt 2 and ride some of the Vermont “Puppy Dog Route” up to a BBQ lunch stop.

cross post below 

Posted 5 minutes ag

To up the ante :classic_biggrin: our lunch stop will be at Smokin’ J’s Memphis BBQ. It’s a new place for me so no review on the Q. Friday is the decided day. We’re going to meet at Rt 2 and Rt 111. Exit 109B off of Rt 2 West at the Dunkin’s. 8:00 Am. 

Hey Pat,

Grew up not too far from your meet up location.  Have a good ride.  

Ron

• Thanks 1

@Chef Paul

Guess who just got called for a work shift tomorrow night… :whistle: As long as Tewksbury is within striking distance at 6:30 PM, I’ll be ready to roll in the AM!:yes: See ya at Dunks at 8:00 Am. I’ll drop you a text when I roll out.

image.thumb.jpeg.58c5f3992780ba0b323ca4e5861f0d17.jpeg