IGNORED

Rental in Europe

DavidR8

Wondering if anyone has ever rented a bike in Europe. Planning a ride from Italy to Holland. Looking for recommendations on rental companies for a longish rental, maybe month or six weeks. 

Can’t answer your rental question but I know from from an old time member that Air Canada will fly you and your bike to Europe. Was told, it’s probably more economical if your rental is going to be a month or more. Just an option. :dontknow:

• Like 1

That sounds a lot easier than buying one there and selling it which was another option I was considering.

For context, we have the opportunity to spend six months in Europe in 2027. Initially I was thinking of only spending six weeks there but six months is more appealing :)

• Like 1

Nitpicking here but details matter especially when you’re trusting your bike to somebody.

Part of their sales pitch below.

If you reserve pallet space with one of the the fly and ride programs listed”

I’ve done done that before but I’m not trying to build a customer base. 

The one thing about the Air Canada deal is they only ship/fly out of Canada, I believe. Depending where you are, that’s an additional expense.

12 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Nitpicking here but details matter especially when you’re trusting your bike to somebody.

Part of their sales pitch below.

If you reserve pallet space with one of the the fly and ride programs listed”

I’ve done done that before but I’m not trying to build a customer base. 

The one thing about the Air Canada deal is they only ship/fly out of Canada, I believe. Depending where you are, that’s an additional expense.

I'm in Canada so Air Canada is a viable option. WestJet, another local carrier also offers a bike ship program with favourable destinations.

• Like 1