IGNORED

Ilium Highway pegs clamp size question

Scottgei

Just got my Ilium highway pegs in the mail for my 2016 RT.  Only thing, they don't fit as expected.  Seems the bar is too big.  I am in contact with them and Ilium may be sending me a new set of crash bars but wondering if it is worth the time to install another set or just keep as is. Seems the clamps do tighten well enough although the only contact point is the line along the end of each C-clamp.  But these contact points seem to dig into the clear coat.   Plus the set screw.   May even secure better than if the clamps fit as designed.  What are your thoughts?   See pic.  

Scott

IMG_1300.jpeg

I don’t know the size, but I would cut out a piece of old innertube  and place under the clamp. If no tube then use something to wrap the bar. Anyplace you knick the surface will invite rust and further peeling of the coating. 

I dunno, but did it come with some rubber liners for those clamps.  Many of those round type clamps come with the little rubber strips to compensate for the sizing issues.

From the picture, it looks like you need to torque down those bolts a little more and the peg bracket should clamp tightly to the bars. But, that’s probably oversimplifying this issue. :dontknow: Unfortunately, the bars are going to get marred up no matter what.

Thanks for the feedback.  I just got word they are sending me another set of bars.  Feel bad about it but these are not cheap so I expect things to fit properly.  But before installing new bars, I'm going to make sure the pegs fit!