IGNORED

Brembo brake pin retainer clip

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

I know some of us when replacing the brake pads on the Brembo front brakes forget to pull the cotter pin (safety pin) that goes over the threaded guide pin that retains the brake pads.  When you forget, it extrudes the cotter pin through the threads of the brake caliper and effectively mangles it beyond use (or so I've heard ;) ).  Well, a call to the dealer and they inform you if you want to buy that cotter pin, you have to buy the complete kit for just under $40 (plus tax) to get those cheap little clips. These are the parts I'm referring to below. 

image.png.016106f30dd47351f1c83b8d26ee5a53.png

I've found another source for them and thought I would share the info.  It's a dollar a piece plus $5 for shipping.  A bit cheaper than the kit with the parts you don't really need to replace.  

image.thumb.png.43b1a8cf2717e9a016a84326326f349a.png

Here's the link to the site to order them.  

https://specbolt.com/brembo-brake-pin/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Lone_RT_rider
5 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Nope, different wire diameter and retention characteristics.  I tried those first from the local hardware store (size and wire diameter the same).  They twisted like a pretzel at install.  When was able to get one on without twisting, you could just about blow on it and make it fall off. 

I'll Stick with the Brembo pins for a few bucks.  My sanity is worth it to me.  

• Like 1