IGNORED

Dunlop Motorcycle Tires turns 50

Bernie

1 hour ago, wbw6cos said:

You have helped with Bernie's commission.   :read:

I am just a satisfied customer. I am not on Dunlop Tires payroll or have received any free tires. I did get a free cap and a few pens. 

• Smile 1

I should LOVE them as, other than getting one letter in our name incorrect, they are in my family: Ted DunlAp

However, no brand loyalty exists in me.  Whatever works best. That is what I want.

HA!  You would think they'd have a 50th anniversary rebate deal 

I love the BOGO deal they had last year.   Got the RS4's and really liking them. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, RTinNC said:

HA!  You would think they'd have a 50th anniversary rebate deal 

I love the BOGO deal they had last year.   Got the RS4's and really liking them. 

They actually do have rebates right now for a handful of models. Not, of course, the ones I bought...but I think currently if you buy a pair of tires and pay for any shop services on the same bill (doesn't even have to be installing the tires) you get a $60 visa card. 

7 hours ago, szurszewski said:

They actually do have rebates right now for a handful of models. Not, of course, the ones I bought...but I think currently if you buy a pair of tires and pay for any shop services on the same bill (doesn't even have to be installing the tires) you get a $60 visa card. 

Yes .... I discussed the current rebate with the Dunlop guys at the MOA Rally in Springfield.  It is much more restrictive than before and some other rebates,  you have to buy them from a Power Dealer AND have them installed at time of purchase.   My dealer is not a power dealer and I was buying them for future use much like I did in 2022.   Still a good deal if you need tires NOW and you are at the right dealer.  Unfortunately for me it did not work.   But they frequently post rebates so I will just watch for the next good deal. 

46 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Yes .... I discussed the current rebate with the Dunlop guys at the MOA Rally in Springfield.  It is much more restrictive than before and some other rebates,  you have to buy them from a Power Dealer AND have them installed at time of purchase.   My dealer is not a power dealer and I was buying them for future use much like I did in 2022.   Still a good deal if you need tires NOW and you are at the right dealer.  Unfortunately for me it did not work.   But they frequently post rebates so I will just watch for the next good deal. 

One of the guys I rode with to the Virginia rally got the rebate when he brought/installed them there.  The cost was still very high even after the rebate, just saying...  But he was fortunate to have the MOA tire insurance (he got a nail on the way, they accepted it with a plug) 

Yeah .... today most tires are not cheap!   And that BOGO deal was off the charts.  My dealer usually gives me a pretty good deal on tires and the rebates help.

• Like 1

My independent shop buys them by the pallet, sometimes partners up with another shop to double or triple the order to get bigger bulk pricing, gets good pricing early in the year, passes that on to his customers.

Yes, Dunlop tries to support the brick&mortar dealers and only has rebates through the Pro-Dealers.

I think the rebates are in 3 different levels. Their website explains it. You can buy the tires from a Pro-Dealer and mount yourself for a small rebate. And maybe even some online dealers are also Pro-Dealers, like cycle Gear, Revzilla and MotoSport I think.

The second stage is one tire with mounting and the 3rd stage is 2 tires with mounting.

Unfortunately some BMW dealers are not Pro-dealers.

The BOGO rebate was offered at any dealer selling Dunlop.  I got my tires at my dealer in Charlotte BMW  and got the $152 rebate.  Since the "pro" dealer in Charlotte are dealers I would not do business with I passed on this year's deal. 

• Like 1