IGNORED

R1200GSA fuel pump control modul weird problem!??

Otto

My bike failed to start a few weeks ago.

I suspected that the fuel control module is dead again. It happened the same 2 years ago. I bypassed the module and the bike started immediately and ride the bike home. I have installed 3 brand new fuel control modules since. The bike doesn't start. After by-passing the module the bike starts.... It looks like that if I bypass the module the bike starts but it doesn't when I install a supposedly working fuel control module... What is going on here? Any ideas?

3 hours ago, Otto said:

My bike failed to start a few weeks ago.

I suspected that the fuel control module is dead again. It happened the same 2 years ago. I bypassed the module and the bike started immediately and ride the bike home. I have installed 3 brand new fuel control modules since. The bike doesn't start. After by-passing the module the bike starts.... It looks like that if I bypass the module the bike starts but it doesn't when I install a supposedly working fuel control module... What is going on here? Any ideas?

Afternoon Otto

Difficult to tell with the motorcycle so far away. 

Could just be bad luck (doubtful but possible)

Could be defective FPC modules or old original low-fin FPC's were installed, (what color FPC did you install last?)

Could be a leaking FPC connector gasket (where the wire harness plugs into the top of the FPC) or leaking seals around one of the wires entering the connector (if moisture gets into the FPC they don't last long). I usually use some dialectic grease at reassembly to prevent moisture entry.

Could even be a fuel pump that overloads the FPC circuitry.

Could even be a harness connector terminal that doesn't fit properly. 

16 minutes ago, Otto said:

OEM brand new module installed. Black, updated one.

Afternoon Otto

OK, then scratch that off the list. The tall fin black is the correct one.