IGNORED

Changing the Seat Angle

MichiganBob

Good Evening,

A number of front saddles on my my RT's over the years would be too low on the front forcing me too far forward. My current ride, a 2018 1200 RT with a RDL is better but as the saddle has broken in, I'm getting that forward cant again. This does not allow me to utilize the full extent of the RDL saddle, specifically the side wings that are so comfortable. I notice that on a ride, over time, I have inched forward and have to readjust to get back fully on the saddle. In the past, I have shimmed the seat bracket, made wedges and installed them under the seat bracket and remember seeing somewhere that there might be some aftermarket larger rollers for the seat bracket. Any suggestions from you fine folks who have experienced and fixed this problem?

Many thanks as always.

Bob  

8 hours ago, MichiganBob said:

Good Evening,

A number of front saddles on my my RT's over the years would be too low on the front forcing me too far forward. My current ride, a 2018 1200 RT with a RDL is better but as the saddle has broken in, I'm getting that forward cant again. This does not allow me to utilize the full extent of the RDL saddle, specifically the side wings that are so comfortable. I notice that on a ride, over time, I have inched forward and have to readjust to get back fully on the saddle. In the past, I have shimmed the seat bracket, made wedges and installed them under the seat bracket and remember seeing somewhere that there might be some aftermarket larger rollers for the seat bracket. Any suggestions from you fine folks who have experienced and fixed this problem?

Many thanks as always.

Bob  

Morning Bob

I have moved the older (hexhead) seats up a little in the front but the mechanism is different than your 1250.

There are a few people that offer off-set rubber bushings to lower the front of the seat on the 1250rt, it looks like you could reverse them  to raise the front of seat (but no mention of raising the front in the marketing babble).

Price is right so you might try them to see if it will raise the front, if it helps then you can look into a more permanent fix like modifying your current seat bracket or possible spacing the entire front seat adjuster assembly up a little.

Off-set rubber bushings ___     https://www.ebay.com/itm/174107565026?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=174107565026&targetid=1645685075168&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9016858&poi=&campaignid=20133407470&mkgroupid=147476396765&rlsatarget=pla-1645685075168&abcId=9312979&merchantid=138360513&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI27HSudTogAMVr8zCBB1SigmEEAQYAyABEgLsn_D_BwE

I found that those offset bushings tend to default to the lowest position after a few bumps, which is fine if you have short legs and a stock seat. I found with my RDL that the lower front position negatively affects the comfort of the seat. When I went back to the stock bushings, my comfort level improved considerably.