IGNORED

BMW Motorad Days 2023

There are 5 or 6 of us going from ATL. Have booked a house about 20 miles away. I just got an email yesterday that they have released some more camping / RV sites. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in and have Holiday Inn Express booked about 10 miles away.   I have a 2nd room booked that I will cancel in a couple weeks if anyone needs it. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, RTinNC said:

I’m hoping is as good as advertised since I’m passing on Overland Expo to attend

Ed, in my opinion, it is better than advertised. Almost too much to see and do for one weekend. Besides vintage racing on the track they have vintage motocross and trials on site. 

2 minutes ago, Chris K said:

Ed, in my opinion, it is better than advertised. Almost too much to see and do for one weekend. Besides vintage racing on the track they have vintage motocross and trials on site. 

Looking forward to it for sure !  I have been to Barber 2 or 3 times and been to AMA Vintage Days and enjoyed them both.  This sounds like all that wrapped up into one great weekend.  

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I got here Thursday. It was a great ride up and have really enjoyed myself.

BTW ride #4 from Jackson MS to Barber is awesome.:18:

Rather than post a ton of photos here is a link to the photo gallery I created.  To say this event was great would be an understatement.  I describe it as a motorcycle event if it were held at Disney World!  It was THAT organized and the place was spotless ... like Disney world.   The shuttle/trams were always there when you needed them and there was SO much to see and to that in the 2 days I was there I really had to decide what my priorities were since I could not see and to it all.   And BMW outdid themselves with the set up they had.  I have been to a lot of motorcycle events in my years riding (Americade, Honda Hoot, Rider Rallies, AMA Vintage Days, etc.) and this was truly one of the best I have ever attended. 

https://edapelian.smugmug.com/BMW-100th-at-Barber/n-vz4JWG/

• Like 5
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, TSConver said:

Can we create a gallery here to post pictures in?

Yes ... storage is via a hook to Amazon Web .... its cheap and virtually unlimited ... so no problem in uploading  ... the only restriction is max size of any one image is 8 meg.  You can create public or private galleries.

• Like 1

If you have trouble uploading a photo that is higher than the 8 meg, then I highly recommend that you re-size the photo.   Just sayin'

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Chris "Teach" McNeil taking a test ride on a K16 Bagger.

WOW ... was that at Motorrad Days?  I guess I missed that although I have seen him in person in the past.  He is pretty amazing. 

1 hour ago, RTinNC said:

WOW ... was that at Motorrad Days?  I guess I missed that although I have seen him in person in the past.  He is pretty amazing. 

Yeah he was back by the demo ride areas in the flat track area.

41 minutes ago, TSConver said:

Yeah he was back by the demo ride areas in the flat track area.

Ahhh .... yeah was only in that area a short time.  But having seen him before not too disappointed.   He was at our dealers in Charlotte and Greensboro about a year or 2 ago. 

He's a nice guy and does a great show. 

He even rode that bike up and down that grassy hill to the far right of that paved area.   He did that at the end, which was after I stopped recording.  :dopeslap: