IGNORED

R1200GSA Short Rider Question

gmcjetpilot

I went to look at used bike, standard seat and height, and it was WAY TOO TALL... 5'7" almost 30" inseam bare footed.   Anyway I went to my local BMW meeting and was able to throw a LEG over a 2023 R1250GS Trophy (factory lowered) and SPLIT SEAT... GREAT... Seat about 31.5" I think.....about what my R1150RT is and very comfortable. Not 100% two flat feet but I usually only put one foot down stopping....

Can anyone tell me of if the R1200GS wet head has a similar low split seat factory lowered model with 31.5" seat height? 

What about after market lowering springs and seat?  (I am assuming about $1000 to $1500 for seat and springs, better to get one already lowered?)

I got home and did some more research and found this YT video, So maybe a R1200GS is in my future.  Why not a factory lowered 2023 R1250GS Trophy factory with split seat? $$$$  You can find a 2016 R1200GSA in the $10K ballpark with farkle.

I, too, am vertically challenged. (29" inseam) Good luck. Be careful of the low seats. They are often very uncomfortable over time. I have just learned to deal with my short legs and tall bikes :27: