IGNORED

SW-Motech USA Good Customer Service

BrianT

Since most posts involving customer service usually come down to complaints, I figured I'd share a good customer service experience.  I've had the SW-Motech Pro City tank bag on my GS for the past year and its been great.  Mounting the bag involves using the Pro tank ring that mounts on the gas cap using longer screws and spacers between the ring and gas tank. 

Doing some maintenance on the bike I had to remove the tank ring to pull the center plastic piece off my gas tank.  I forgot about the spacers and accidentally knocked one down into the hidden deep crevasses of my bike never to be seen again.   SW-Motech don't list the spacers as a separate purchasable item on their website.

I called up SW-Motech USA asking about how to acquire a replacement spacer.  The woman who answered the phone verified the part I needed and checked in the back for it.  Upon returning she told me they just had one single spacer left and hopefully I didn't need more than one.  I said one was good.  Without asking me who I was she confirmed my shipping address they had on file, I'm guessing from my caller ID and looking up my previous tank bag order from them.  She said she would send me the spacer free of charge towards future good will with SW-Motech.

Lately I'm used to waiting on hold or going thru automated customer service before reaching a real human can help or having to communicate electronically as customer service is run on a nickel and a dime lately and usually ignored.  She answered quickly, I didn't have to be transferred anywhere and explain again what I was looking for, verified she had the part to send and didn't charge me for the part or shipping.  It's nice to see a large company operating like a mom and pop business for a change and I wanted to give them a shout out.

• Like 12

Good story.   Thanks for posting.   The nice service is always  better to read about..

All vendors need to think like that; "We treat BMW riders better because they're better people."   :read:

• Like 1
14 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

All vendors need to think like that; "We treat BMW riders better because they're better people."   :read:

And most of them BMW people can put together a review on the internet (good or bad) and bad is not good! :spittake: 

But it sounds like she wasn’t worried about a review, just a good person doing the right thing.:thumbsup:

• Like 2