IGNORED

Camhead fuel filter alternatives?

Hadabadachada

Hadabadachada

2013 R1200R

So I’m looking to replace my fuel filter. I have  KL145 from my R1100 laying around and wondering if anyone’s using those in the camhead? 
looks like it’s a new part number so different filter.

Just wondering if anyone’s used anything other than the OEM ?

7 hours ago, Hadabadachada said:

2013 R1200R

So I’m looking to replace my fuel filter. I have  KL145 from my R1100 laying around and wondering if anyone’s using those in the camhead? 
looks like it’s a new part number so different filter.

Just wondering if anyone’s used anything other than the OEM ?

Afternoon Hadabadachada

It might work, I haven't ever tried it myself. 

It will probably fit but could rattle around unless you can wrap it with some high temperature resistant foam.   

GWoldkZ.jpg

Hadabadachada

Maybe I can used something to wrap it. I may actually have a foam sleeve from a quantum fuel pump.

👍🏼

I just don’t know how fuel filters work, as in if they have different rates of flow, or if different sizes have different effects on things. 
like what if I got some of them small in line filters people use on their airheads and just threw that in instead? 

Just now, Hadabadachada said:

Maybe I can used something to wrap it. I may actually have a foam sleeve from a quantum fuel pump.

👍🏼

I just don’t know how fuel filters work, as in if they have different rates of flow, or if different sizes have different effects on things. 
like what if I got some of them small in line filters people use on their airheads and just threw that in instead? 

Afternoon Hadabadachada

You definitely don't want to use a gravity flow fuel filter. You need a high pressure fuel injection type filter. Remember your fuel injected engine fuel-pump pumps a lot more fuel through the filter at a LOT higher pressure.   

As for actual filter element size, you would have to cut both filters apart to see how much filtration is used in each one. 

Personally I would (and do) just use the correct fuel filter as I know it works as intended.