IGNORED

FART 2023 Group Ride for First Time Attendees

Bernie

I, with the help of the BBR team, will be leading a ride for “First Timers” on Thursday morning. Rain or Shine. This ride is for anyone that would like to ride with a small group, but doesn’t know anyone yet. The idea for this ride is for first time attendees, that don't have any ride partners or know anyone they can to ride with, to break the ice and get to know some of the members. Couples riding two-up or on separate bikes are welcome, of course.

I will need a head count, so don’t be shy. Just reply to this post or send me a PM.

This group ride will be on paved country roads with stops. I/we will be having a rider meeting on Wednesday evening at the motel in Sparta, location to be announced.

It will be an all day ride, destination will be announced on Wednesday evening. Also if there is a large turnout for this, we will split into several groups. These groups may end up riding different routes. 

• Like 4
RandyShields
5 hours ago, Bernie said:

I, with the help of the BBR team, will be leading a ride for “First Timers” on Thursday morning.

What a fantastic idea!  You go BBRs.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2
Motorhead1977

Bernie, Amy and I have been to the UN and START but it's our first FART :facepalm::classic_laugh:. Be pleased to participate if possible.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Bernie said:

I, with the help of the BBR team, will be leading a ride for “First Timers” on Thursday morning. Rain or Shine. This ride is for anyone that would like to ride with a small group, but doesn’t know anyone yet. The idea for this ride is for first time attendees, that don't have any ride partners or know anyone they can to ride with, to break the ice and get to know some of the members. Couples riding two-up or on separate bikes are welcome, of course.

I will need a head count, so don’t be shy. Just reply to this post or send me a PM.

This group ride will be on paved country roads with stops. I/we will be having a rider meeting on Wednesday evening at the motel in Sparta, location to be announced.

It will be an all day ride, destination will be announced on Wednesday evening. Also if there is a large turnout for this, we will split into several groups. These groups may end up riding different routes. 

:18:  Very thoughtful idea !!  

• Like 2
Motorhead1977
12 minutes ago, Matts_12GS said:

Can I do it on my Harley?🤔🤔🤔😁😁😁

Having owned several Harleys I can say with authority that you can do almost anything you want on a Harley, especially at bike week. :whistle:

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Matts_12GS said:

Can I do it on my Harley?🤔🤔🤔😁😁😁

Yes of course, I don’t see why not. 

4 minutes ago, Motorhead1977 said:

Having owned several Harleys I can say with authority that you can do almost anything you want on a Harley, especially at bike week. :whistle:

Don’t worry, I know Matt he will not be wearing a net costume or a g-string.

This is Matt in his younger days. Robocop has nothing on him. :4617:

1204160365_zuFVJ-L-1.jpeg.f7e5616ef166d93f37a42984aa788c2b.jpeg

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Smile 1
4 hours ago, Motorhead1977 said:

Bernie, Amy and I have been to the UN and START but it's our first FART :facepalm::classic_laugh:. Be pleased to participate if possible.

You and Amy qualify. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bernie said:

Don’t worry, I know Matt he will not be wearing a net costume or a g-string.

This is Matt in his younger days. Robocop has nothing on him. :4617:

1204160365_zuFVJ-L-1.jpeg.f7e5616ef166d93f37a42984aa788c2b.jpeg

After the UN...

I may bring the GS after all.   It was just too good in CO.  I've missed it more than I thought 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Matts_12GS said:

After the UN...

I may bring the GS after all.   It was just too good in CO.  I've missed it more than I thought 

What ever you decide, you are welcome.

• Thanks 1

So here is a running list of people that expressed an interest of going on "The First Timers" Ride by the BBR Gang.

This list is in no partiucluar order. :D

@Motorhead1977 (Tom) & Amy

@Matts_12GS (Matt)

@VaR1200RT (Charles, not Larry) 😃

@RTinNC (Ed)

@Chef Paul (Paul)

@TangoWright (Jonathan)

@Toronto99 (Mike)

@dcad

@BruinsFan

@Bluenoser & Susan

@greiffster Mike & His 14-GS

If anyone is interested in joining us, please reply to this post or PM me. We have room for plenty more, don't be shy.

Also please, I need all of you try to show up Wednesday 9/19/23 evening for a rider meeting and also to get to know each other a little.

Please note, that all First Timers or any one else is welcome to attend the Wednesday evening  meeting. 

Edited by Bernie
remove a name & add name
  • Like 2
  • Plus 1 2

Hi Bernie,

Not a newbie to riding the turns, but to the GSA, I need to decline the Newbie ride, My bud has already mapped one out for us. Still looking forward to seeing you there.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, bobkatt said:

Hi Bernie,

Not a newbie to riding the turns, but to the GSA, I need to decline the Newbie ride, My bud has already mapped one out for us. Still looking forward to seeing you there.

That is ok. It isn't a "New Rider" ride anyway. It's just to get first timers to feel more welcome and maybe make it easier for everyone to get to know some of the guys.

The routes will be posted this weekend, but everyone is welcome to ride where ever they like.

Looking forward to meeting you and your buddy.

4 minutes ago, Bernie said:

That is ok. It isn't a "New Rider" ride anyway. It's just to get first timers to feel more welcome and maybe make it easier for everyone to get to know some of the guys.

The routes will be posted this weekend, but everyone is welcome to ride where ever they like.

Looking forward to meeting you and your buddy.

You have met his buddy, LOL it is me.  :3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, TSConver said:

You have met his buddy, LOL it is me.  :3:

Poor fellow. :4617:

Well, you where going to join me for the first of these rides a few years ago.

But somehow I lost you early into the ride. :5223:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Bernie said:

Poor fellow. :4617:

Well, you where going to join me for the first of these rides a few years ago.

But somehow I lost you early into the ride. :5223:

That might have been in Sparta.  God I was sick that morning after we started.  @BamaJohn was sweeping for you that day.  

1 minute ago, TSConver said:

That might have been in Sparta.  God I was sick that morning after we started.  @BamaJohn was sweeping for you that day.  

You can change your mind and join us, just let me know on Wednesday night. 

1 minute ago, Bernie said:

You can change your mind and join us, just let me know on Wednesday night. 

Might depends on what route and if Susan wants to ride that day or not.  Happy wife happy life.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, greiffster said:

My ‘14 GS is new to the group.  Does that count?

We can make it count, if you want to. Does it use the same name as yours? I add you to the list. 👍

Bernie

Thanks for setting this up and all that you and others do to make event successful. 

You have my name down as Larry, but it is Charles unless you want me to be Larry the cable guy.  LOL

Looking forward to this event.

Charles

• Smile 1
13 minutes ago, Bernie said:

Charles, I got your attention! 😂

If you keep having people signing up, you're gonna need IndyDave's secretary to keep track!  :whistle:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, BamaJohn said:

If you keep having people signing up, you're gonna need IndyDave's secretary to keep track!  :whistle:

No, I can’t afford her/him. I be ok, after a few turns the crowd will get smaller anyway. :bike::bike::4617:

• Haha 4
  • 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, bobkatt said:

Thank you, Bernie, look forward to meeting all the folks

Great, I am looking forward to meet you, Bob and all the first timers.

Only a few more days before it is time to head to FART 23!

• Like 1

Hey Bernie I think my wife and I would be interested in this ride and I will speak to you about it on Wednesday  we were at fart in natural Bridge last year but did different  rides 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank all the riders that attended the First Time Attendee’s group ride on Thursday, for being patient and riding safely. It was a great experience and I will most likely do this again at a future ‘ART event.

@Motorhead1977 Tom & Amy

@Krid Dirk & Christine 

@BruinsFan Cookie 

@VaR1200RT Charles 

@Rockosmith David, the best sweeper. 
Thank you all!

IMG_8322.thumb.jpeg.006c55598cdb02c783afe36b777c1aaa.jpegIMG_8329.thumb.jpeg.54be3a6446de281b5837e1001a0a4745.jpeg

• Like 8

Thank you Bernie for putting the on and being patient with us. The route was great and I enjoyed meeting everybody.

The restaurant that we had lunch at was awesome. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

Had a blast Bernie, and a big standing ovation to @Rockosmith for the sweep. Not the job many ppl step up for. The entire group made this new guy feel rite at home. Twist the grip off of it boys. And as always, hope you get laid in the good way this weekend! See ya next time. 

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1