IGNORED

GS-911 update appears to have issues with camheads

Indy Dave

Just a heads up - Hexcode rolled out an update yesterday for the GS-911 that contains both a firmware and software update. I did the update, and went about attempting to complete some service work on a local camhead. When resetting parameters - ya.... this was the dreaded cracked throttle body issue - the program hangs here . . .

Screenshot(540).thumb.png.7c550760edd10d83f966d4c6a46a8e69.png

I attempted this several times on the subject bike, then went to my own camhead and the issue repeated.

Reported last night to Hexcode. I've not tried to replicate on a Water Cooled 1200 - but I'll wander out to the garage shortly and also give that a shot.

32 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

Just a heads up - Hexcode rolled out an update yesterday for the GS-911 that contains both a firmware and software update. I did the update, and went about attempting to complete some service work on a local camhead. When resetting parameters - ya.... this was the dreaded cracked throttle body issue - the program hangs here . . .

Screenshot(540).thumb.png.7c550760edd10d83f966d4c6a46a8e69.png

I attempted this several times on the subject bike, then went to my own camhead and the issue repeated.

Reported last night to Hexcode. I've not tried to replicate on a Water Cooled 1200 - but I'll wander out to the garage shortly and also give that a shot.

Morning  Indy Dave

Mine also updated yesterday but I haven't tried it on a Camhead yet.

Did the camhead that you were working on have it's VIN registered in your GS-911?  Or do you have an unlimited GS-911? If not then that is probably why it won't work.

Even so it should have worked on your own motorcycle so something going on there. 

If that bike has a proper registered VIN (or you have an unlimited GS-911) then try putting a battery charger on the battery while talking to it with your GS-911. Sometimes it takes a good voltage to get the computer to talk to the GS-911. 

Try it through WiFi (that is about all I use anymore as it has some advantages). 

Good Morning DR - I have unlimited. I made several attempts on the 'service' bike - including on the battery charger. I had the same thoughts as you in that regard. I then shut it down and took it for a ride. Repeat while on charger . . .  still hangs up.

Being a bit of a luddite - to use Wifi, I switch to using a tablet or my (Android) phone, correct?   Lol! I did pair the laptop to the GS911 last night via wifi - wanting to see if that was a work around - but then I got stuck. A limited search on the Hexcode site left me with the impression that WiFi worked on tablets and mobile devices? I was done for that night at that point.

BTW - the GS911 seems to function normally on my 2016 GS - which also uses the older round interface.

39 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

Good Morning DR - I have unlimited. I made several attempts on the 'service' bike - including on the battery charger. I had the same thoughts as you in that regard. I then shut it down and took it for a ride. Repeat while on charger . . .  still hangs up.

Being a bit of a luddite - to use Wifi, I switch to using a tablet or my (Android) phone, correct?   Lol! I did pair the laptop to the GS911 last night via wifi - wanting to see if that was a work around - but then I got stuck. A limited search on the Hexcode site left me with the impression that WiFi worked on tablets and mobile devices? I was done for that night at that point.

BTW - the GS911 seems to function normally on my 2016 GS - which also uses the older round interface.

Mornings Dave

I typically use a tablet or phone app but I have used my Windows computer through the web site like deal. Your tablet can talk direct to the GS-911 & the computer access the on-line web site with your GS-911 linking though WiFi/Modem  to the internet.

I haven't tried the new firmware on a camhead yet & I don't have one handy at the moment.   

Have you also updated the GS-911 diagnostics program? The latest version is 2307.2__  if using a USB connection that might be needed. 

Thanks. All updated, same version.

Heccode is working on this, I've sent them the logs they've requested.

Stay tuned!

Thanks again

Afternoon Dave

Is your GS-911 successfully connecting to your WiFi? 

As a test I turned my WiFi connection off & I got the same no ability to access service functions. 

ae08Ggp.jpg

Afternoon DR - my 'day job' is calling and I'm not at home anymore. I'm heading out of town and won't be back till later this evening.

34 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

Afternoon DR - my 'day job' is calling and I'm not at home anymore. I'm heading out of town and won't be back till later this evening.

Afternoon Dave

No big deal it's just something easy to check. 

Heccode has rolled out an update that resolves this issue.  Hexcode was very quick to respond to my ticket, and having two affected bikes on site, I was able to test and confirm the solution before it rolled out. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Heccode has rolled out an update that resolves this issue.  Hexcode was very quick to respond to my ticket, and having two affected bikes on site, I was able to test and confirm the solution before it rolled out. 

Morning Dave

Thanks for the update info, my GS-911 worked OK but I do see a new WiFi firmware update available.