IGNORED

Stuck windshield-2017 r1200rt

T Price

I was attempting to keep the windshield raised for cleaning by holding the windshield button in the up position while shutting off the bike (keyless riding). Now the windshield is stuck in the lowest position and I’m trying to determine if I accidentally disabled (if possible) the adjustable height function, or if the switch or motor stopped working.

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Tim

Since no one has commented, let’s go with try something.  Maybe holding in the button in the down position and turn off the ignition will “un-confuse” the system.  The more likely issue is you got water into the switchgear or maybe some relay and it needs to be dried out

Your attempts to raise the wind screen was only done while parked?

What does it do when you start to ride off?

Can you raise/lower it while riding?

I had a service performed by a dealer and the wind screen did not raise on its own.    After starting to ride, it was supposed to go to the setting it was at when the bike last shut down.   But, I could raise it once I started riding by pushing the button.   After a few days of commuting, the auto function returned by itself.

Whenever I am cleaning, I power up the ignition and raise the screen for clearance (Clarence,) but I leave the ignition on.  I did not know it was possible to have it left raised after shutting off the bike.   Interesting.

Hi William,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, the vehicle was parked.  The wind screen has always functioned correctly.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.  I was attempting to adjust the wind screen height before I started washing the bike, so water is not an issue.  I've tried several different combinations of button pressing while powering the bike both on and off.

Thank you William,

I've put over 1300 miles on the bike since the problem started, trying over and over again to get the wind screen to move up.  Now I think it's time for me to test the motor and switch with an Ohm meter and go from there.

Tim

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, T Price said:

Thank you William,

I've put over 1300 miles on the bike since the problem started, trying over and over again to get the wind screen to move up.  Now I think it's time for me to test the motor and switch with an Ohm meter and go from there.

Tim

Evening Tim

You might have to get a GS-911 on that motorcycle then do a windshield calibration to un-confuse the electronics. Or have your dealer do it with their computer. 

You can try a battery disconnect for about 1/2 hour then re-connect (might get it working) but that is kind of a longshot.  

• Like 1