IGNORED

DWA Alarm Batteries

Skywagon

2014 RT 

Can someone confirm the batteries in the DWA unit in the rear are 123A's.  It's been about 5 years since I changed them so thought I would do it now.  I searched the forum and didn't see anything.  Not the remote fob, but the actual alarm unit.  I want to order them before I take all that stuff off.

Thanks.

The batteries in the alarm ar a backup to the bike's battery. If a thief were to disconnect the bike's battery while the alarm was armed the alarm would sound.

• Like 1
On 7/25/2023 at 3:32 PM, RadioFlyer said:

alarm ar a backup to the bike's battery

That’s correct. I’m not worried about their function. Batteries corrode, leak, and ruin things in this hot human climate. I sure hope when I replace them tomorrow I don’t have that issue. The absolute worst for me is Duracell. Duracell has ruined several of my devices. I filed claims with Duracell and they paid up, but I don’t use the brand anymore. I think I’ll test the alarm without the batteries. 

Terry...I'll give you $9.00 for your RT Sight Unseen :4322:

Panasonic BAT002 x 2 CR123A Lithium 3V Photo Lithium Batteries, 0.67" Dia x 1.36" H (17.0 mm x 34.5 mm), Black, Gold, Blue (Pack of 2)

$8.49 ($4.25$4.25 / Count)
  • Haha 1

Other than the non-functional alarm, is there any warning lights that advise when batteries are dead?   For now, I know it is still working because I use my key fob to chirp it when it is parked at church.  Yeah, there.   Because the non-believers are doing a little B & E instead of attending Mass.  :dontknow:

28 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Other than the non-functional alarm, is there any warning lights that advise when batteries are dead?   For now, I know it is still working because I use my key fob to chirp it when it is parked at church.  Yeah, there.   Because the non-believers are doing a little B & E instead of attending Mass.  :dontknow:

The alarm functions when the batteries are low but there will be a DWA on the instruments.

Changed them out today.  One was probably still good at 3.0V.  The other one was at 0.5V. The expiration date on both was January 2023.  One was starting to corrode/leak but no damage. It's always so much fun to take half the rear end off just to replace batteries.  I wonder where that last screw goes...maybe find it next time.

• Like 3

This reminds me, I should probably change mine. I never set the alarm, but batteries don't last very long in the south.

Plus the corrosion part from that lovely Florida atmostphere.   :whistle:

I think mine may need to be checked, too.   Thanks y'all.

My 2013 1600 has the same system and I've never fooled with them. Hell I haven't seen the remote in years come to think of it. No flashing lights or codes so no reason to disassemble the back of the bike and fix  something I don't use. 

• Like 1