IGNORED

G$ Bling

TEWKS

I’ve always liked the GS Adventure’s crash bars compared to the regular GS’s diminutive lowers. Until now, the aftermarket hadn’t offered up anything that resembled the GSA’s upper bars. Along comes Akrapovic, (wait a minute, don’t they only make exhaust systems? :dontknow:) That’s what I thought but, they are now making a cool set of crash bars for the GS! :yes: There’s one little problem, they cost close to three thousand bucks! :classic_ohmy:

Here

IMG_0581.webp

15 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Would it be cheaper to not crash?  :grin:

Morning William

Not necessarily, if letting the bike go, or go down naturally to prevent a broken arm or leg then that is probably the best alternative.

When riding off-road I have been hurt worse in trying to save a situation than just letting it go over easy before I am all out of shape with legs sticking out & bars at full lock with arm extended.

• Like 2

Yeah, I’ve stuffed an ankle trying to keep a “five hundred plus pound dirt bike” :whistle: from getting scuffed up on more than one occasion. Lucky so far! :ohboy:

• Like 1

I guess crash was not the best choice of words.  The bling I have installed on my RT are appropriately labeled drop(s) bars, but the bike does gravel stretches of Ken roads on occasion.   

And yeah, I will let it drop IF the need arises.  :beer:

szurszewski
5 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Dents, dings, scratches and scrapes are evidence of fun, quit pampering these things!!

Just think how cool your dented dinged scratched up $3k crash bars will look!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Just think how cool your dented dinged scratched up $3k -Titanium - crash bars will look!

Left out the important part:clap:

• Like 1

Titanium..

I know a guy that has a titanium plate holding his skull together. Yep, Titanium Cranium is his nickname. :spittake:

I think more importantly than the cost, the cred you’d receive in the Starbuck’s parking lot… Priceless! :yes:

No, they’re nice but they priced them out of the market for most adventure bike owners.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

the cred you’d receive in the Starbuck’s parking lot

That's the buyer they're after!!:rofl:

• Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1
szurszewski
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

No, they’re nice but they priced them out of the market for most adventure bike owners.

I’m not saying I think these will become the most commonly selected bars, but for folks who can afford $25k toys, I certainly don’t think $3k is out of the market.

There are always a number of people buying GSs because they perceive them to be “the best” and they like to have the best. I think they’d likely also want “the best” accessories - regardless of the actual value or relative “best-ness” of said accessories. If you’re not really going to use a thing it doesn’t really matter how good it is - it just matters how good you/the people you want to impress think it is. 

Yeah, I probably should have said they priced me out. :dontknow: The high end Bling buyers will still buy I’m sure. :thumbsup:

49 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

I’m not saying I think these will become the most commonly selected bars, but for folks who can afford $25k toys.

I wouldn't call my bikes toys as they are my primary vehicles for my alone travel work trips and commute.  My four wheel vehicles are my back ups to the bikes for the most severe weather.

But, ya, many that have bikes are only weekend-fair weather riders, so, many have them as toys.

szurszewski
9 hours ago, Rougarou said:

I wouldn't call my bikes toys as they are my primary vehicles for my alone travel work trips and commute.  My four wheel vehicles are my back ups to the bikes for the most severe weather.

But, ya, many that have bikes are only weekend-fair weather riders, so, many have them as toys.

Yep - definitely wasn’t suggesting you (or most of the regular posters here) would be the market. I’m certainly not. Most of my bikes cost less than that.