IGNORED

BMW ConnectedRide displayed on sunglasses like a HUD

BrianT

bmwdisplay.webp.65c93fb380e8c9edb4233b952de49704.webp

Saw this announced.  Kinda makes sense for those that use the BMW ConnectedRide via your phone.  Looks like it just parrots the data to the glasses since you have to Bluetooth the glasses to your phone.  I'm guessing it won't be cheap, no prices mentioned.  Comes out later this year. 

More info here.  https://www.motorcycle.com/bikes/product/bmw-introduces-connectedride-sunglasses-with-head-up-display-44592325

36 minutes ago, BrianT said:

bmwdisplay.webp.65c93fb380e8c9edb4233b952de49704.webp

Saw this announced.  Kinda makes sense for those that use the BMW ConnectedRide via your phone.  Looks like it just parrots the data to the glasses since you have to Bluetooth the glasses to your phone.  I'm guessing it won't be cheap, no prices mentioned.  Comes out later this year. 

More info here.  https://www.motorcycle.com/bikes/product/bmw-introduces-connectedride-sunglasses-with-head-up-display-44592325

Just what I need, another distracting thing flashing in my eye.  

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
2 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Just what I need, another distracting thing flashing in my eye.  

That's what I thought about the position in the center of the lens.  If I was to get them, and I won't since I don't use the connected app, I'd prefer something in one of the corners so it's not blocking your straight view.  Kinda like when that bug lands on your visor right in the center of your eye.  I'd prefer something you could see in your peripheral vision.

RideApart article puts the price around $750.  You'd have to really want these at that price.  Their article here https://www.rideapart.com/news/675907/bmw-motorrad-connectedride-smart-glasses/

My car has HUD and it's rare that I use it.  The only time I use it is if I am in very heavy traffic and not sure where I am going.  I put the destination in the GPS and I can see it in my windshield without looking away....otherwise, never use it.  For it to be useful on the bike I would think the windshield would be the better option.

6 hours ago, BrianT said:

That's what I thought about the position in the center of the lens.  If I was to get them, and I won't since I don't use the connected app, I'd prefer something in one of the corners so it's not blocking your straight view.  Kinda like when that bug lands on your visor right in the center of your eye.  I'd prefer something you could see in your peripheral vision.

RideApart article puts the price around $750.  You'd have to really want these at that price.  Their article here https://www.rideapart.com/news/675907/bmw-motorrad-connectedride-smart-glasses/

Might be worth the cost...  if I can stream Netflix or YouTube in the other lens.

:whistle:

• Haha 3
On 7/9/2023 at 9:32 PM, Lowndes said:

Only if the price includes hospitalization.

or at least the helicopter ride......:java:

• Haha 1

I'm thinking that picture is for marketing purposes, not an actual rendering of the unit in action. It's not for me, but who knows, maybe it is a sweet piece that becomes second nature once familiar with using it. The fighter pilots seem to do just fine with hud helmets. 

Also, I see riders with 2 and 3 gps units and other crap strapped all over their bars, it looks like an Apple store phone display cabinet, but these glasses are going to be a distraction? Ok.

3 hours ago, Hosstage said:

I'm thinking that picture is for marketing purposes, not an actual rendering of the unit in action.

Yeah, maybe a stick-on decal to make you think it's workin.  Always turn left - you will eventually return home,  and "36 D"??  Somebody's bra size??

And how does your eye focus on something that close?? I have enough trouble with bifocals, road signs, and dashboards.  

image.thumb.png.87635a27a11fa39315096a1f0bfdbaf5.png

Hey.  Watch it.  That's ME.  At least I don't have them strapped to my face shield.