IGNORED

European Motorcycle Tours

Shelterwoods

Shelterwoods

I am considering a European motorcycle tour and would like to know if any of you have any recommendations as to tour companies, what to look out for, and suggestions for first timers. I have been to Europe (Italy, France, England) on non-motorcycle tours, but never driven while there. I've not done any adventure touring (my ride is an R1250RS), but would be willing to consider on/off road experience.

I look forward to your input.

Del

You’d be hard pressed to find a bad review on Edelweiss Bike Travel. The owner Werner Wachter passed away but his family is still running the tours. I suspect with the same perfectionism as Werner had for his company. 

1/16/21

image.jpeg

Edit…

If you’re a newer rider, I’d suggest a smaller bike while over there. An F750 GS would be about perfect IMO.

• Like 1

I can't say enough good things about Edelweiss tours. They took care of us as well as could possibly be done, took all the pressure off of us other than enjoying the ride.

The tours they put together are as they describe, whether light riding with much stopping at attractions, to very technical riding with little sightseeing other than the wonderful landscape.

Your luggage will be waiting for you in your very nice hotel room at the end of every day of riding, so you can pack light on the bike.

Good luck, let us know how your trip ultimately works out!

• 2 weeks later...
Shelterwoods

Yesterday I applied for the High Alpine Tour in late August, early September. Will also arrive a day early to tour Munich.

Thanks for your input.

• Like 2

I have done two trips with MotoTrip and have booked two more. I give MotoTrip the highest recommendation. Darko Novosel is a pro photographer, BMW certified tour guide and BMW certified instructor. He goes out of his way to meet your needs, leads the tour responsibly, provides you with excellent photos (many of which he has planned in advance and stages you for a great shot), keeps the group to a manageable size, and regales you with local lore.

https://www.mototrip-tours.com/

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I made the trip to Europe. I took Edelweiss' High Alpine Tour, six days of riding in Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, and back to Germany. The group that I rode with was easy to get along with and inclusive. The accommodations were always first rate, the bikes were in great condition, the scenery wonderful, and the food was excellent. The best parts of the experience was a toss up between the riding, and the work the guides did for us. The riding of course was an experience that I can't recommend enough; curvy roads, fast pace, scenery to distract. The guides though, made the trip for us. They made sure we had our bags, provided guidance in every situation (menu, bikes, technique), catered to anything we asked of them, and did it all with a smile. Enough can't be said of them. Our day of "fast" riding was a combination of what I think makes a great ride: learning, occasionally a little scary, and great companions.

By the way, I rode an F900XR. Nice sound and power, though to keep up when traveling fast, I spun it pretty high. Nice bike. Made me appreciate my R1250RS though.

Del

00000043-PHOTO-2023-08-29-18-12-10.jpg

00000067-PHOTO-2023-08-30-13-14-01.jpg

00000206-PHOTO-2023-08-30-17-32-46.jpg

00000243-PHOTO-2023-08-31-11-26-16.jpg

00000325-PHOTO-2023-08-31-19-37-51.jpg

00000510-PHOTO-2023-08-31-19-54-01.jpg

• Like 6

Well now I want to book another trip there!

Really glad you enjoyed it, they do a great job of putting together great riding and taking care of damn near everything you could want or need.

• 1 month later...