IGNORED

Paint for panniers

Skywagon

My bike is called Ebony...which really looks like a dark brown and changes colors a bit in the sun.  I've got enough boot marks on the side panniers now, I would like to get them painted.  I think many shops can match, but I wonder if painting them a different color than the rest of the bike would look better? Picture of color when new 

R1200RT 4.jpg

You might consider vinyl wrap. 

many color choices. Even metallics, if you dare. 

One advantage is the ability to remove it when you tire of it.

You can do it yourself. Lots of videos on YouTube, but It's not as easy as they make it look.

If you go that way, I would advise having it done by a professional.

Whatever you do,  get paint protection put on to prevent the scuffmarks again.  

I had a local paint shop buff out my scuffmarks (that appeared out of nowhere :dontknow:) then I put some 3M paint protection on them.   I had to trim the material then apply it myself..  Meh.  I could have done a better job with out wrinkles, if you know what I mean.   They need to be re-done.   I found a company that pre-cuts them to match, which includes a small portion of the sides.  Will install sometime.  Eventually. 

If you opt to re-paint, I would suggest triple black or slightly off dark brown.   Enough to notice without being noticeable. 

My $0.02, which is worth $37.50.