IGNORED

R1100R Fuel Pump Hanger/Plate Rewire

bigeye135

Is it possible to review the plate? I have no continuity on the power and ground from one side of the plate to the wire on the other side. Fuel level wire is OK. Can't find a new or used hanger to save my life. I'm assuming the wire are bad inside of the white plastic pass through. 

19 minutes ago, bigeye135 said:

Is it possible to review the plate? I have no continuity on the power and ground from one side of the plate to the wire on the other side. Fuel level wire is OK. Can't find a new or used hanger to save my life. I'm assuming the wire are bad inside of the white plastic pass through. 

Evening bigeye135

That depends on where the problem is. I haven't even found BOTH the power & ground lose continuity at the same time so check your meter & testing methods.

The actual wires can be replaced ( regular wire outside the tank & fuel submersible wire inside the tank).

When you can't get  power OR ground from outside the tank to inside the tank the problem is usually in solder joint at the actual pass through.

If that can't be repaired (too much heat will melt the plastic) then if you are clever & innovative you add your own insulated fuel proof brass threaded studs that pass through holes in the pump pass plate where the soldered power/and/ground passes through now. 

9 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Evening bigeye135

That depends on where the problem is. I haven't even found BOTH the power & ground lose continuity at the same time so check your meter & testing methods.

The actual wires can be replaced ( regular wire outside the tank & fuel submersible wire inside the tank).

When you can't get  power OR ground from outside the tank to inside the tank the problem is usually in solder joint at the actual pass through.

If that can't be repaired (too much heat will melt the plastic) then if you are clever & innovative you add your own insulated fuel proof brass threaded studs that pass through holes in the pump pass plate where the solder power/ground passes through now. 

Thanks for the quick reply. I previously fixed the ground issue about a month ago by running a new wire from the plate to the frame. That was fine until a few days ago when the issue of no fuel pump happened again, and I've narrowed it down to neither power nor ground having continuity through the connector. I'll try reflowing the solder with a heat gun. Worst come to worse, if it melts I'll find a way to pass through power and ground.