IGNORED

7 days in Arkansas Where to home base

If you had 7 days to do street riding and wanted to home base somewhere in Arkansas, where would that be to get the best roads for 5-7 days of street riding?

Probably head out from home trailering my bike on a Saturday.  Arrive somewhere in Arkansas on Saturday, then ride Sunday - Thursday, then head back home Friday.

terryofperry
30 minutes ago, randy said:

If you had 7 days to do street riding and wanted to home base somewhere in Arkansas, where would that be to get the best roads for 5-7 days of street riding?

Probably head out from home trailering my bike on a Saturday.  Arrive somewhere in Arkansas on Saturday, then ride Sunday - Thursday, then head back home Friday.

That's a tough one Randy, not a bad road in Arkansas or Missouri. If you haven't done so, go here and download the official Arkansas Motorcyling guide.

https://www.arkansas.com/things-to-do/motoring-byways/motorcycling

Best overlook: Petit Jean overlook in the Ouachita mountains just west of Little Rock.

Best hamburger: Between The Buns in Calico Rock

2nd best hamburger: Famous Oark General Store in Oark, Arkansas 

So many good roads:: 7, 16, 21

Road not to miss: 123 from Pelsor to Hagarville turn rt to Clarksville pick up 103 to Oark (or run it in reverse and take 123 on up.

In a day ride you can get about anywhere and back, we were based in Greers Ferry/Heber Springs which might be a little east for you but we did some off road stuff around Mountain View/Calico Rock/etc.

Have fun,

Terry

Randy… I stayed in Locke Mountain Cabins in Mountainburg Arkansas a few years ago with a couple of riding buddies. They were in pretty good riding areas and not far from bigger towns. Sorry I only have a couple pictures I kept. 
image.jpeg.1295a7708a1a843beeae4dba21f064c3.jpegimage.jpeg.6ad853648db63ac53da786f26f67c151.jpegimage.jpeg.da3899e11d0c4ed638506ef4a4d2b68c.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rinkydink said:

Harrison or Eureka Springs. Hands down. 

Absolutely 2 great cities for a home base, you can’t go wrong with either…I’m a little more partial to Eureka Springs.

• Plus 1 1

ok so am I missing something, it seems most of the good riding is SE of Eureka Springs.  I was originally thinking Eureka, but I had been looking at Mountain View as more centered to the good roads.

Or are there good roads north of Eureka Springs, that I am not considering?

Absolutely. Go into Missouri. The Mark

Twain Nat Forest area and east of there is superb. I would avoid Branson IMO unless you like traffic. Come back down into AR (google Peel ferry!) then pick any highway combo back to home base. You really can’t go wrong unless you try real hard. 

Sean Michael

Couple of buddies and I spent a few days riding AR in Oct '22; we based ourselves in a cabin located on Rt. 7, just a bit south of Jasper: https://www.buffalorivervacations.com/mountaincrest

Cabin was fantastic!  Very private, great, great view of canyon/valley.  And great roads abound in all directions.  Some of our highlights included the Pig Trail, Oark General Store (Pie!), rode toward Norfork and hit Push Mountain Rd (both directions a must).

20220930_070856.jpg

20221001_182951.jpg

• 2 months later...