IGNORED

Size of Alternator Belt Please?

009jim

hi Folks, For my 2012 camhead, I am going to buy the alternator belt to have ready for my next service.

Can anyone give me the part number for the belt please - not the BMW part number, but the generic number or manufacturer's number?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, 009jim said:

hi Folks, For my 2012 camhead, I am going to buy the alternator belt to have ready for my next service.

Can anyone give me the part number for the belt please - not the BMW part number, but the generic number or manufacturer's number?

Thanks.

Morning 009jim

The belt size is  4PK582 (4 rib 582mm).             ( contitech 4pk582 )

Just have your auto parts store cross reference the     Continental  contitech  4PK582, or look on E-bay,  or Amazon, or Euromotoelectric. Or try  Beemer BoneYard      https://www.beemerboneyard.com/albeda.html

Personally I prefer the   contitech 4pk582   as that is OEM size & length, there are a number of close matches available in Elastomer 4 rib belts but most are just slightly shorter. On your 1200 camhead the alternator is solid mounted (non adjustable) so the belt must be rolled onto the lower belt pulley, the OEM length is tight enough to be a pain to install so a slightly shorter will be even more difficult to install, not to mention putting more load on the alternator bearings.  

4PK 582.jpg

• Thanks 1