IGNORED

Can you reccomend a good helmet liner for a bald guy?

Dave334478

I found a thread on helmet liners but it's 6 years old.

I just bought a new helmet (full face solid) because my old one was, old. (Oh man! I had forgotten how difficult they are to remove when brand new)

I already have a head sock for when it is cold, I'm looking for a skull cap for when it is warm. I'm bald on top and my head sweats pretty easily. I live in Central CA and it gets pretty warm here.

My goal is to keep the inside of the helmet clean and I do not want to cover my ears.

I'm hoping there's a few bald guys out there that can share reviews of what they've tried and/or use now.

Not bald, but working on it.  (I haven't had a use for hair since high school)   :grin:

I found THESE a few years back and absolutely love them.  I got one for me, colored Mars Red Metallic, and a purple one for wbw6cos2.  I also bought an Electric Green colored one for my use at work.  A tip that I read somewhere mentioned buying any color but black due to the fact that they slip off when you remove the helmet and end up on the pavement; bright colors make them more noticeable against the black asphalt, for the most part.

Originally, I wore those covering the ears without a problem.  Even though I wash them frequently, they still get old and start to get too loose over the years.   I ordered a new one and opted to wear it above the ear.   Either way is fine, but the latest one seemed a little tight to me; I do not remember it being like that from when I ordered it last.  It has been a year or so since my last one stretched out enough to get a new one, but I could have kept using it, though.

Thanks everyone.

I'm going to try out the SCHAMPA Coolskin Skull Cap Helmet Liner as it looks to be the least likely to create pressure points inside my new helmet. (You know how tight they fit when you first get them)

Thanks for the tip wbw6cosI ordered a neon orange one.

On a side note, all those websites go on about keeping stuff like fungus from growing in your helmet. I call BS! If you get fungus in your helmet, you have other more serious issues and need to see a doctor. 

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Update:

I wore this today for the first time because my bald head was already sweaty and I needed to run an errand on my bike. It fits fine just above the ears on my XL helmet size head. I couldn't even feel it under my helmet and it stayed in place when I took the helmet off. It kept the sweat from getting on the helmet liner as advertised.

Well, that errand was for materials I needed to install an attic fan. (Here in CA we call the crawl space above the ceiling the attic) By the time I finished gathering everything to take up there it was already 90 outside and I had the usual sweat dripping off my head so I put this cap back on to wear while in the attic.

It worked awsome. Not only did I not have to worry about sweat running down my forhead, my head actually sweated a lot less. It kept my head drier and cooler. It felt slightly damp and cool when I finally took it off.

I'm going to buy another to wear under my staw hat when doing the yard work (in 100+ temps) so I can keep one in the bike.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1